is it worth it?

eT

Staff member
Forum Supporter
Reaction score
i received a quote for the repairs on my mixer - £60
it's a numark ppd01 digital mixer - about 1 year old
<--click

is it worth it? should i look for something else? the buget is tight...!!

Fromem_Ory

Shantidisestablishment
Reaction score
i've heard mostly bad press about numark mixers, namely the faders and knobs n stuff.
the dm300 by pioneer is a great mixer with great faders, and has got everything you need for two decks. i've got one myself.
i'm not exactly clued up on the situation with DIGITAL mixers... my two pence is pioneer is good quality and standard trance kit, and is good value.

Jon Kenobi

So uncivilised
Reaction score
used to have a Numark mixer and when the crossfader went it proper went I got 2 new crossfader replacements and still no joy....ended up getting a new mixer and opted for the pioneer 300 as Mr_Ory. Best speak to julz I reckon

Ratty

Sticky Toffee Pudding
Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Bring it over an i'll take it to bits and prod it about. Don't throw it away.

Triskele

Korma-kaze
Reaction score

Fromem_Ory

Shantidisestablishment
Reaction score
pioneer is the way forward, and is the standard gear you will find at most trance parties

Geoff3

Direct DJ
Reaction score
I like the pioneer djm300 too! they are clear\easy to use (even with blurry eyes) and well built.

Fushion Julz

Sound Bod
Reaction score
<sigh> another chance to take a pop at Piosneer...BUt I'll resist...You pays your dosh, etc..

As for the Numark: Generally, Numark are very helpful when it comes to spares and circuit diagrams (unlike the other oft-mentioned company)...If your mixer cost £100 or less, then £60 is poor value for a repair...eith buy the parts and do it yourself, or ditch it and buy another...However, avoid cheap mixers fo any make for anything other than bedroom use cos they will always let you down...

If you must have a budget mixer, look at Vestax or Rane or Ecler....Better ones? Allen and Heath, Tascam the better Ecler ones and the Behringer DX1000 (non of the other Behringers, though)...