IS this place really as great as everyone makes it out to be?

El_Jackal

Junior Members
Reaction score
I came on here a little bit last summer when trying to find people to sell one Glade ticket to and it was pretty useful. I then carried on my normal existence and denied this one; that was until I met someone last weekend that referred to this forum. I've got no idea what her username is, but she was absolutely lovely (and very cute, not that anything was going to happen!!) and we met at the Synergy Project in London. She mentioned here and I thought I'd give it a second go...

So... it does seem to be full of pretty nice people (definitely nicer than some of the other forums out there, but I haven't been here long enough to pick up on all the usual back-stabbing you get) and the range of topics is great! I also love the way in which people seem to be pretty open and lots of you seem to have met up over time. This little (or not-so-little) online forum really is developing a nice community feel to it, which is a great achievement!

What drew you here? Is it what you hoped for? What parts could be developed? What forums did you leave for this place? Have you met some great people through here or does it just exist online for you?

I'm more than aware that I haven't actually introduced myself, but this thread gives you a pretty good idea of how my mind works and how pleased I am to find an interesting, community-based group of people that share one common passion.

You can try and guess who I am as a person and what I do (not that I'm an alias of anyone on here), but you'll all be wrong...

Looking forward to having some great chats on here and hopefully meeting a few peeps in due course (maybe even next weekend at the star...)

PsyForum iz wikid :Grin: dont remeber how i found it, chattin to some1 at the drome yearz ago i think, full of luvly people, loadz of which i'v had the pleasure of gettin to know a little outside of the net and party scene, n of course my wonderful gf :wub: , and a really great resource for all thingz psy-related aswell :iyes:

nice to meet ya anywayz :Grin: :hihug: :dancey:

El_Jackal said:
You can try and guess who I am as a person and what I do (not that I'm an alias of anyone on here), but you'll all be wrong...

Oooh an international man of mystery!!!

welcome and that

miszt said:
... the drome....
nice to meet ya anywayz :Grin: :hihug: :dancey:
Nice to meet you too mate!

Ahhh... the drome!! Some very fond memories of that place! I used to love that small room in the centre where the only light was a strobe light (at least, it was at the nights I went to there)...

i really see the forum as a community. i spend way too much time on here, but through doing that i've met some really cool people. there's a wide range of tastes and opinions on here, and i've learnt alot by reading other peoples thoughts. sometimes its all a big joke, which you have to realise, and sometimes you can feel like you're far away from the central core of people who really know each other well, both online and in real life. there are ups and downs, but i still continue to come here regularly. its a good place to post any thought or expression, very fluffy, if you're like me you can be immature sometimes and engage in rippin apart peoples posts and tellin em exactly what you feel (i.e. Hommega Israliens thread at moment) (i'm such a twat).
its also the place to be for tecchy issues, and for finding wikkid new music.
but basically, its a good place to be to meet people and share opinions and thoughts. in my opinion, if you had to define the centre of the UK trance scene in some sort of form, psyforum would be it.
have fun mate!

hello there

i've recently turned up and been warmly welcomed.....i know a few of the folk who post on here from various nights up and down the uk.

seems like i may stick around a while!!

look forward to blethering on at you....

meanwhile
(some free tunes of my own making and a few dj sets of chilled stuff)

http://www.seph.net/viewdj.php?djuin=35
http://www.seph.net/viewdj.php?djuin=54

theres one thing people on here dont seem to understand, the diffrence between Psy Trance and (real) Trance however :irolleyes: *sigh* ah well, stilton went thru rough patches aswell i spose...

:irazz:

miszt said:
hehe the acid tekno room @ mindscapes mayb? yep, sum crazy nightz in there hehe
That's the baby!! I used to spend about an hour in that room and when you left you would be tripping your tits off, without having needed to have taken anything to be influenced so...

I miss those nights... Dirty, dark, banging, hard music... Hmmm... :ibiggrin:

miszt said:
stilton went thru rough patches aswell i spose...
And very few people still don't know how to properly eat stilton... (i.e. by having a whole cheese and spooning it out of the middle, which leaves you free from the whole "never cut off the nose" concerns people have).

Sad days we're living in... :iconfused

miszt said:
theres one thing people on here dont seem to understand, the diffrence between Psy Trance and (real) Trance however :irolleyes: *sigh* ah well, stilton went thru rough patches aswell i spose...

are you aware of pie trance?

or the new (slightly unhappy) CRY trance??
or the slightly happier "slap that thigh trance"

its all very cutting edge and hush hush don't ya know

of course there is the more right wing pSSy trance - ever seen an amp rack try and invade an eastern europen country recently? they dont like it up them they dont....... think it is called techno judging by last years efforts!!!

"real" trance however is in the "eye*" of the beholder

*we are not talking third eye here either

nice place all round - people who have opnions tend to speak them - people that get offended by opinions tend to get offended by them

all-on-all pretty reflective of the real world with a common thread of partying music and community binding us all together

[/hippiemodedisengaged}

miszt said:

there is a huge difference.

psytrance is real trance.

and "real trance" is hardhouse.

let battle commence:ibiggrin:

"hard house" + "real trance" = cheesy and endless snare rolls out of the breakdown

proper trance i.e. psy-trance that just DOESN'T happen - saves an arguement

snare rolls are dying out in hardhouse and trance I'm happy to say, i love cheezy trance, i also love dark twisted hard trance, allot of hard house is crap generik bollox, but then therez allot of kool dirty stuff aswell, i dont like cheeze in hard house, but i love trance dripping with melted cheddar n mozzerela :wub:

one thing that psy has that i love, is Bass, real fuking Bass, i love it!!!!! :dancey:

dave arc-i said:
"hard house" + "real trance" = cheesy and endless snare rolls out of the breakdown

proper trance i.e. psy-trance that just DOESN'T happen - saves an arguement

have heard plenty of full on psy like this :irazz:

thats not quite what i have said - a snare roll makes a tune not psy - you are trying to twist it now and i am better at that than you are:irolleyes

Back