Isn't the Eat Static track.......

digifrog

Photography mad.
Reaction score
......UFO Over Trenchtown on V/A Dissolving Clouds, the best you heard since 1994??? Is it a fine return to form??
...Remnants/new beginnings of Implant hint at the original idea.....& that is Ozric like.
...For me the Implant album is the most important Eat Static release...(along with their Nodens Ictus - Spacelines album) & will remain forever with memories of north Devon 1994. :P
...Joie, Merv, love this track, more of the same please !!

.....(album of the moment : Kaya Project - Elixir) ...melts me. :Smile3:

well this is exactly what I have been thinking... UFO Over Trenchtown really does seem to float back to Merv and Joie's older tunes from the days of Implant etc..
I love the classic alien movie samples and guitar riffles, magic atmoshperes of extra terrestrial reggae monsters taking over the dance floor!.!! I Love it :Smile3:

Glad to hear that Merv and Simon P have nearly finished th Metal Sharon album, but I wouldn't be surprised if it isn't released before 2012 !!

underslunky said:
'UFO Over...' a return to form? When did monsieurs Pepler and Hinton ever lose their form in the first place?!!

O... just after the Implant album. Kind of lost the alien ambient edge, and thus decided to take on the drum n bass tip (which I always thought they tried a little too hard at. With exception to Dionysiac).. Then in later albums , heavy guitar samples? jazz edge samples? bossanova? Not for me thanks......give me weird style alien ambience anyday....with an odd fast track or so (breaks :Smile3: ).... Magic Carpet is straight 4/4 ...also not really my thing. I stay to my opinion that so far Implant has not been bettered, but of course its all a matter of personal taste. :Smile3:

Nah, I disagree with you there. I think the great thing about the band is that they have continually evolved, and somehow always managed to end up sounding like Eat Static! For me, the evolution of their sound is truly fascinating- from the early, rave-y sounding stuff; through to a more layered and lush sound on Abduction/Implant; to exploring a darker, drum and bass influenced sound on Science of the Gods; to the lounge/latin/garage influences on 'Crash an Burn' and 'In the Nude' to the more psy-trance orientated tunes they've been producing over the last few years. Throughout all of these changes, they've always retained that quirky, 'hook-y' edge to the music and always kept one foot in the psychedelic/ free festival-influenced/ambient/ethnic/dub (dare I say it, 'crusty'!) field that we all know and love them for- even on In the Nude/Crash and Burn an atmospheric pad sound or spacey synth is never far away!

Jim said:
yes underslunky you are correct.............digifrog - how can u say science of the gods wasnt alien influnced-theres one on the front cover!!

Where did i say that? I said the ambient edge had slightly disappeared after Implant :Smile3:

digifrog said:
O... just after the Implant album. Kind of lost the alien ambient edge, and thus decided to take on the drum n bass tip (which I always thought they tried a little too hard at. With exception to Dionysiac).. Then in later albums , heavy guitar samples? jazz edge samples? bossanova? Not for me thanks......give me weird style alien ambience anyday....with an odd fast track or so (breaks :Smile3: ).... Magic Carpet is straight 4/4 ...also not really my thing. I stay to my opinion that so far Implant has not been bettered, but of course its all a matter of personal taste. :Smile3:

Well Digi,guess you're gonna like the new album we are working on at the moment..we have gone back to the ALien tinged sound having gone full circle through all the avenue's we wanted to explore...and going off on those tangents is probably the reason we are still going strong,this being our 12th (!) album,and not dying a slow death churning out the same stuff over and over again..glad UFO over Trenchtown has been going down well!

Xenomorph said:
Well Digi,guess you're gonna like the new album we are working on at the moment..we have gone back to the Alien tinged sound having gone full circle through all the avenue's we wanted to explore...and going off on those tangents is probably the reason we are still going strong,this being our 12th (!) album,and not dying a slow death churning out the same stuff over and over again..glad UFO over Trenchtown has been going down well!

Mr. P.? :wub:

Yessi, that's well understandable. See, without E.S. (and delightful memories of 1994), I wouldn't be what I am today without you. Gratitude.
This new album work does sound interseting, I can't wait. Do you have an estimated completion date? As I'm now a little more aged, would love those reminisces of soft breaks and dub that Implant is famous for. (Area 51 'nucleonic' just glistens my head !). Lying on my back under the summer night sky in the middle of nowhere, catching glimpses of sattelites, and pins of light that are the stars. Perfect ! (that and Banco's 'Duck Asteroid' :Smile3: ) Spliff, friends and good times. (I'm getting more nostalgic now (sniff*) )
E.S will never die, as long as you guys are still cooking. Mucho respecto. May I be permitted to make you cups of tea while you're working? hehe.

Love

digifrog said:
Mr. P.? :wub:

Yessi, that's well understandable. See, without E.S. (and delightful memories of 1994), I wouldn't be what I am today without you. Gratitude.
This new album work does sound interseting, I can't wait. Do you have an estimated completion date? As I'm now a little more aged, would love those reminisces of soft breaks and dub that Implant is famous for. (Area 51 'nucleonic' just glistens my head !). Lying on my back under the summer night sky in the middle of nowhere, catching glimpses of sattelites, and pins of light that are the stars. Perfect ! (that and Banco's 'Duck Asteroid' :Smile3: ) Spliff, friends and good times. (I'm getting more nostalgic now (sniff*) )
E.S will never die, as long as you guys are still cooking. Mucho respecto. May I be permitted to make you cups of tea while you're working? hehe.

Love

Completion will be January sometime...for a spring release! And a new Dendron album is also nearly finished...(alien breakbeat/electro/drum n bass)..and i am also working on a double cd of various artists in aid of famine relief in Ethiopia,which will feature System 7,Prometheus,ManmadeMan,Eat Static,Propellerheads to name a few...a pretty busy winter this year...

eatstatic making breakbeat and electro! cant wait for that! :ibiggrin: will it be available on vinyl?

digi where abouts in north devon? tis my home am currently living in bideford. not many clubs but lots of countryside to have fun in if ya no what i mean.:iwink:

underslunky said:
Nah, I disagree with you there. I think the great thing about the band is that they have continually evolved, and somehow always managed to end up sounding like Eat Static! For me, the evolution of their sound is truly fascinating- from the early, rave-y sounding stuff; through to a more layered and lush sound on Abduction/Implant; to exploring a darker, drum and bass influenced sound on Science of the Gods; to the lounge/latin/garage influences on 'Crash an Burn' and 'In the Nude' to the more psy-trance orientated tunes they've been producing over the last few years. Throughout all of these changes, they've always retained that quirky, 'hook-y' edge to the music and always kept one foot in the psychedelic/ free festival-influenced/ambient/ethnic/dub (dare I say it, 'crusty'!) field that we all know and love them for- even on In the Nude/Crash and Burn an atmospheric pad sound or spacey synth is never far away!

Yes I agree with you on that point, would have been fatal to slip into GMS mode :P Horses for courses :Smile3:

Xenomorph said:
Completion will be January sometime...for a spring release! And a new Dendron album is also nearly finished...(alien breakbeat/electro/drum n bass)..and i am also working on a double cd of various artists in aid of famine relief in Ethiopia,which will feature System 7,Prometheus,ManmadeMan,Eat Static,Propellerheads to name a few...a pretty busy winter this year...

Sounds excellent Merv! Keep them coming....

Is the Ethiopia Cd previously unreleased tracks????

Put me down for a copy, and the money is going to a good cause!!

lettis said:
eatstatic making breakbeat and electro! cant wait for that! :ibiggrin: will it be available on vinyl?

digi where abouts in north devon? tis my home am currently living in bideford. not many clubs but lots of countryside to have fun in if ya no what i mean.:iwink:

Hi Lettis

Oh, this was a hike from Braunton to Saunton on our way to Croyde....didn't see any clubs, just sheep really :Smile3:

underslunky said:
Alright Merv!

So is Joie gonna be on the new Static album? I love the recent compilation tunes but I do miss his SH-5 madness!

Of course Joie will be on it...i'm cracking the whip as we speaK!

geoffwiffen said:
Sounds excellent Merv! Keep them coming....

Is the Ethiopia Cd previously unreleased tracks????

Put me down for a copy, and the money is going to a good cause!!

The cd is all new unreleased stuff so far...

Back