ISO festivals?

Torsion Jim

PsyMusic Radio
Reaction score
ISO1-3 were more psytrance focused
ISO4 was a bit more eclectic.

IMO, having a varied line-up for the music is a good thing. What does you thunk peoples?

If there is ever going to be an ISO5 i was thinking about trying to get more techno on the line-up. Thoughts?

Speak you Brains pie on anything/ideas you may have about ISO fests. Bearing in mind that they are small, underground and decidedly unprofessional ventures. If you want Derrick May booked you can sling ya hook

Torsion Jim

PsyMusic Radio
Reaction score
one thing i can think of is having a decent bit of artwork to hand that we can use for fb.

basshead

Forum Member
Reaction score
speaking from a purely selfish standpoint and adressing your first bit, the diverse array of sounds on offer is what kept me listening from fri morn till sunday night for iso4 , and hearing people playing sets other than the expected genre/bpm is always cool.
i dont listen to enough new music nowadays so it really helped to remind me of things i do like but dont listen to much anymore

Torsion Jim

PsyMusic Radio
Reaction score
speaking from a purely selfish standpoint and adressing your first bit, the diverse array of sounds on offer is what kept me listening from fri morn till sunday night for iso4 , and hearing people playing sets other than the expected genre/bpm is always cool.
i dont listen to enough new music nowadays so it really helped to remind me of things i do like but dont listen to much anymore

i think that most people who are properly engaged with the ISO festivals would agree. The range of styles of music on offer last weekend would be unheard of at nearly any other online festival. Psychedelic in the true sense - mind manifested. And i didnt even play any wonk!

you are playing at the next one arent you Basshead?

basshead

Forum Member
Reaction score
it sounded real gushy in the chat and being a noob to the group at large but i genuinely was amazed at the quality and choice of stuff i heard over the weekend ,a true musical journey

Torsion Jim

PsyMusic Radio
Reaction score
that was the plan. Im glad you thought it worked.

i was on early shifts last week at work so sadly flaked friday and sat evening. Which was a shame.

Torsion Jim

PsyMusic Radio
Reaction score
there was so much quality music during ISO 4
Friday and Sunday were incredibly good, imo. The best so far. The Bez, Mark Day and DSE 5.5hr section on sunday PM was worthy of some sort of medal. Shame DSE had a slight tech issue and didnt record his set, otherwise we could relive the whole thing whenever we wished.