italian drug politics (festivals)

mr_cool

~~~~~~~~~
Reaction score
i think i am going to sonica in italy this summer which sounds wicked although i have one slight reservation. i know italy has a very similar attitude to drugs as greece, turkey and other less easy going eastern mediterranean countries.

does anyone have any nuggets of information regarding this, i don't wanna go to a festival that is set up as a giant drug bust, (sound familiar?)

i may just be being paranoid

cheers in advance

Law in italy is very strict Im afraid, just don't waive rugs in the face of police and all will be fine. I don't think they will be around to see what you are doing at all times inside the venue, they are lazy bastards afterall.

be safe is my advise

Ok, so that's fine for the period you in the festival...

What happens AFTER the festival that a group of us want to go and chill in Florence for a couple of nights?

Strictly no smoking?

donno what happened in greece sorry. Must say if they want they can be nasty pigs, BUT generally they keep quite. In italy we can smoke in the streets and parks as long as they are not around. Which is just common sense, you'd do the same over here, right?

On one hand I don't want to rise any allarms really, on the other thou I'd like to advise to stay safe. In florence there are planty of nice places to smoke freely without hassles, like parks, along the river and more places, just like here. If you see police coming your way, be cool, collaborate and make sure you don't have half a kilo hash in your bag. If you have some spliffs they will surely give you some problems but don't expect jail for life. Bear in mind those dickheads can be very rude and stupid compared to polite english OB. What you need to do is smile and break their schemes, the more they are rude the more you are kind and smiley like an idiot..

i'm totally sure i'll have a wicked time along with everyone else and at the end of the day thats all that matters

So if they catch 3 or 4 of you smoking in a park, with a total of 2 or 3 spliffs worth on you will they just caution you and take it away or would they drag you to the police station and ask you to pay a fine.....?

a friend of myne ended up in a police cell for 2 days, he only had a bit of weed, as NDY said, they were very rude and abusive, particuly because he was an english guy in Italy 'thinking you can come here and fuking smoke cannabis'.....but on the other hand, its pretty easy to get there, and lots of people do it....just be carefull, as you would here :Grin: (my friend was released and sent bak to the UK btw, no charges)

The law in italy make no distinction between drugs. Hash and heroin will be treated in the same way. If you are a user they will drag you to a police station, you will go on court, probably a fine, they will contact your parents if you are under their roof (common thing in italy) and they will force you to follow a disintosication program for drug addiction. Jail will be an option if you are charge for dealing, again heroin and cannabis are regarded in the same way, so sentences are really heavy for dealing.

Unfortunatly I've been away for too long and don't know what's happening in real life, but when I go down there I don't see any difference compared to 8 years ago, I smoke my spliffs on the beach as usual, just more careful when I buy and when I see cops coming my way.

Again don't worry too much, enjoy the festival and Italy, it's a great place afterall, just too full of wankers.

Pfft Im not italian BTW, Im a Sardinian bad bandit :badger:

Back