Jugglers: What tricks/moves have you invented?

Protomoto Sep 2, 2004

1. Protomoto

Protomoto Member

Threads:
    I discovered quite a few moves before I started meeting other jugglers, then I found that these were common and simple tricks, such as the Umbrella. But since then I've come up with a few moves that I've never seen anyone else do (doesn't mean nobody else does them, of course...).

One of my favourites:

(Use 3 beanbags, and I'm righthanded :Wink3:) Do a right-to-left half-shower. Use RH to put one in your mouth, catching the other two in LH. Multiplex these two over your right shoulder, and catch them, one in each hand, behind your back. Throw the RH ball under your left arm and catch it in LH, drop the one in your mouth into the pattern, and resume juggling to awestruck applause! :Grin: :bananada:

Anyone got any more? Please share! :Smile3:

2. megafish

megafish Member

Threads:
    dunno really, i dont really look to invent new tricks recently, i love learning new tricks then findinf all the different ways of fitting them all together with each other, at the moment i'm trying to get the 441 mills mess (mills mess shower pattern) to go into the high low shower, but i can only high low shower on one side(Gggrrr! :mad: ) I'd love to make something up though, gimmie a few years, Pats Aneurism will be done.

3. Stix

Stix Guest

I do poi.. so am not at the levels of expertise that you guys are at.. but I've started doing a move where I stall the poi behind my back after doing forward butterfly, 45% turn then into the weave.. it's jsut another variation of a transition, but i've not seen anyone else do it..

but then again with poi - there are so many differnet variations.. anything is possible and usually when it looks easy - it is... :Wink3:

4. Protomoto

Protomoto Member

Threads:
    Agh! 441 Mess?!? OK, quite a good one for getting both left and right high/low is to learn 4-ball tennis... tho' that's a 5333 trick... dunno! (that thudding noise is my brain falling out) :Smile3:

Videos would be good - I must get some made.

5. Exulus

Exulus Grubby Student

Threads:
    i thought i invented something a few years ago before i met other jugglers but i think its fairly common...you do mills mess and then you stop crossing your arms and carry on juggling....and then you can do one part of mills mess so your arms are crossed the other way and carry on juggling. Apparently it looks more confusing than normal mills mess cos balls seem to dissappear and reappear at different places!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

oh... i like that with juggling...
    like dancing
    we can all do the same moves our own ways... lush!!!

funny that juggling stuff do "teach" the moves...
    usually when an accident happen and...well...the stick goes up rather than down and ... well... a different spin is born... well.. discovered...

funny one at boom
    there was a guy VERY handy with a devil stick... whatever tricks... all fluid and imaginative...
    oh... i was... dribbling...
    but then... he did not do most of my...very rusty... moves *:OD
    nice to meet other jugglers... looking at my jet life style like em says...
    mmm...little room for the park? hopefully yes *:OD

7. roryroryrory

roryroryrory Junior Members

Threads:
    I learnt back of the hands mills mess, but I suspect other people can do that and I can't claim credit for it. I've been practising everything on the backs of my hands now. If only I could get isolations going...

8. megafish

megafish Member

Threads:
    did you just say back of the hands mills mess? thats a bit silly really isn't it. never tried back of the hands mills mess, i may just have to give it a go :Grin:

9. Boardrits

Boardrits Boss of O.B.E.S.E

Threads:
    i think, as most would agree, that due to so many diffferent styles, and people, that most things, have been done, so just get it patiented!! :Smile3:

When i spin, i think i have something new, and then go to a meet, and someone else does it. If you wanna see so callled "Invented" spinning moves, then you should go to hop and read the poi section.

There must be 5 new moves invented every week, according to newbies! :Smile3: its really funny, because they usally get about 15 posts, telling them the real name, and they are all different... lol

Me and My friend have been juggling, and spinning the backwards weave, and yes its possible...... at the same time, just using your own two hands......just look at your hands when spinning the backwards weave!! it works! :smilemus:

10. coleman

coleman Junior Members

Threads:
    what pattern are you doing with the reverse weave boardrits?

i know a guy that can do fwd splittime bf with rev cascade and rev bf with normal cascade.

weave should translate to mills mess pretty well but you either have to change your juggling plane or your weave planes - its right hard i found.

how are you doing it?

cole. x

11. roryroryrory

roryroryrory Junior Members

Threads:
    yup, that's right, mills mess on the back of my hands. It's quite bonkers, and has an entirely different rhythem to normal mills mess. Well worth practicing once you can do normal back of the hands stuff. Doing showers is pretty groovy too this way, though to the outsider they just look like youre doing things normally - and quite badly at that, but to the afficionardo... well!

12. coleman

coleman Junior Members

Threads:
    back of the hands juggling is really hard imho - especially if you use solid balls instead of beanbags.

back of the hand showers is mental!

i have showers with the high throws caught penguin pretty solid now and have been trying it over the shoulder instead of in front of me recently.

and speaking of cool ways to juggle mills, i still maintain that sean mckinney had the best version of mills mess ever :wub:

13. coleman

coleman Junior Members

Threads:
  14. gingerwarrior

gingerwarrior Member

Threads:
    theres one trick i can kinda say is mine. only cause i hves never seen anyone else that can do it. its a burkes barrage varrient yes. but it involves catches on the inside of the elbows as you sweep the ball round the top to the bottm. it means every ball that is swept over is caught first on the opposite arm then taken out by the other hand swept over while catching the next ball to be swept over on that arm and so on. i dont realy think im the first to do this. so if any of you lot know anyone else that does this please say and try to find out the name if you can cheers.

15. Golaf

Golaf Banned

Threads:
    like throwing from behind ones back with right catch with left throw with left to right hand back followed by throwing over left shoulder catching with left back hand then behind back to left hand back to benniging and then just vary it slightly just sweet when it all goes fluid n something else takes over like.
    when one invitably cocks up at some point its good fun to look around an include others i always tend to go back to my own little space though, would be fun to interact more with other jugglers

16. Kezpipa

Kezpipa rocks, oars

Threads:
    I created this incredible, fully-sik move; it goes, you spin the poi on the left, then the right, then suddenly (don't ask me how) you've smacked the teeth in the left side of your mouth so hard you can pluck them out.

Lol actually at ConFest at Easter there was this poor chap who was using the staff and lost it for a second, and set fire to a patch of his chest hair

It's permanently burned into my memory

:no:

17. Protomoto

Protomoto Member

Threads:
    Sorry, you didn't invent that one! :lol:

18. Kezpipa

Kezpipa rocks, oars

Threads:
    Nah man this version's ultra-spesh, you'd have to see it to believe it

:ph34r: (ninja stylez)

19. Phyrefly

Phyrefly Junior Members

Threads:
    Well, I have a move I call mine... although I've only ever done it once...

Devil-sticks, spin the stick on top of the control stick in right hand, loose control of it, have it walk down the stick, up your arm, bend forward so as not to set your hair on fire, have it spin across your shoulders, down your left arm, try to catch it, miss, flick it into the air, catch it spinning back on the right stick, back into basic passes...

For every millisecond of that, I thought I was going to become a human torch... but the group watching thought I was a god :P

20. coleman

coleman Junior Members

Threads:
    i have a good friend who does lots of this kinda thing - contact devilstick innit.

you could download some rg baton twirling videos for some extra inspiration :Smile3:

or just read about it:
    http://www.twirlmania.com/TIPSrolls.htm

cole. x

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice