• CD Decks

Votes: 9 50.0%
  • Laptop + final scratch (or whatever)

Votes: 9 50.0%

• Total voters

bez23

Adverse camber
Reaction score
I think I might be a die-hard 'die-hard.' It took me until the bitter end to make the leap from vinyl to CDs, now I loves me CD players...
Give me a few years before the laptop thing happens for me...

Jon Kenobi

So uncivilised
Reaction score
rizla said:
laptop + final scratch ...

(sneaks out of thread)

:hehe:
and dont come back :Wink3: :irazz:

fluffybusdude

Junior Members
Reaction score
So, laptops can do all that decks do, but can decks also burn DVD's, surf thro your mobile, send emails from the tops oh hills or be extreemly delicate? Oh yeah, decks do do that last one. But you get my point, for similar money, an apple laptop gives you so much more...

fluffybusdude

Junior Members
Reaction score
miszt said:
or for half the money, a pc will give you twice that :Wink3:
Haha, how true, and ten times the trouble with viruses, trojans, spy-ware, worms, mal-ware, data-loggers...

trancetheory

♥♪♫
Reaction score
:lol: man dont mention that game, it sucked the life out of me for 6monthz :irazz:

i admit, i dont like windoze, prefer linux, but pc hardware kikz arse over mac hardware these dayz...well actually its not even mac hardware anymore, yz it still so xpensive? must be the special white plastic they use, worth more than itz weight in gold :Wink3:

trancetheory

♥♪♫
Reaction score
fluffybusdude said:
Haha, how true, and ten times the trouble with viruses, trojans, spy-ware, worms, mal-ware, data-loggers...
agreed, but then my muzik pc is purly that, no internet, no antivirus, no nothing, juz ableton, vst's and a few muzik appz....if i need the net i vnc thru 2 my linux server and do it thru there :Wink3:

fluffybusdude

Junior Members
Reaction score
miszt said:
agreed, but then my muzik pc is purly that, no internet, no antivirus, no nothing, juz ableton, vst's and a few muzik appz....if i need the net i vnc thru 2 my linux server and do it thru there :Wink3:
:icool:
I'm impressed.
I just have three interchangeable iBooks, all on my airport LAN, doin everythin; music, dvd's, tv, vid, pics, file shareing. I own nothing else but my amp, projector + spkrs. Put it in my van and we're a 12/240volt mobile cinema with 1KW Dolby 5.1 sound!!!
:iredface:
Mr Overachiever
:ikiss:
So sue me
:ibiggrin:

fluffybusdude

Junior Members
Reaction score
miszt said:
hehe nice :Grin: u do vjing?
Don't kno what to do with it now I've built it; not 'that' sort of creatrive. Put a screwdriver in my hands tho, and you'd better stand WELL back...
I suppose I'm a venue looking for a crowd.
Anyone wanna play? Have you got a dome /yurt/bedowin/nylon-nightmare? Anyone got any catering equipment? Anyuone know any DJ's?
It needs a crew, me and my son are not enough to run it as a venue, but in the maentime, it's a lovely little four-berth-kitchen-toilet home-from-home.

Attachments

12many

mere member
Reaction score
not had much experiance mixing with a computer. ive had a flutter with pc dj but that was a bit shit as i only had one output

id be interested to see and learn how it is done properly. but at the moment im cd dex just due to the ammount of control you have other things like the mixer and jog wheel. i have found using the mouse to be skecthy at best

fluffybusdude

Junior Members
Reaction score
Hmm, the way to do it is to prepare your mix with your mp3s, then mix into it other audio files on the fly, you can visually sync the signals, or auto sync and let the 'putor determin bpm, fadein/out level, envelope and any spacial effects. All you have to do then is look cool!
8)
'Course, you then get to be artistic, and instead of samples, you could mix live vocals, instruments, band-sample output for a middle eight... the list goes on.
IMHO
:Wink3: