laptops in india

peanan

Forum Member
Reaction score
i'm putting this in here causes its a question for you music tec peps. has any one took a laptop to india? as i'm thinking or taking mine to record some sounds and use when i'm out there. whats the power supply like i'll be up north way, and whats the chance of it getting nicked? or am i just best taking a mini disk player and forget about the computer?

JohnM

blah blah blah
Reaction score
Might be an idea to try back on the NTA forum - Gordie took his laptop out last time he went to Dharamasala with Dill

:Smile3:

Getafix

Bass Freak
Reaction score
Can't speak for india but i'm from pakistan and i think you can buy a converter from any store so it'll work..

The chances of it getting nicked are high but only if you're dumb enough to leave it lying around for people to steal..

Morzaria

Junior Members
Reaction score
From India here, and it shouldnt get nikked as long as your safe, just dont leave it lying about anywhere unattended.

And yep, converters for the laptop can be bought most places.

illusions

Junior Members
Reaction score
not more likely to get stolen in india than anywhere else on the planet at the moment :Smile3:

220-230v here.

let me know what kinda sounds you end up recording - have been meaning to put some proper indian english samples into my tracks for a while now :Smile3: