Last weekend was a blindin' introduction

Ror

South Ldnr
Reaction score
Hi boys and girls. After such an epic Saturday night & Sunday morning I had to come on here and relive some of it.

Me and my chums were going out and kinda knew we were up for a fun time but it went totally beyond our expectations. Amazing music fantastic crowd to talk to, dance with, etc.

Thanks for putting it together and for everyone I chatted to in varying degrees of coherence throughout the night being such stars - especially Daydream Believer (to answer your question, I think I'm just about recovering from the 'medicine' you were dosing out as we speak!).

Have to do it again sometime.
Until then, take care all...

:clublase:

My night in nutshell:
Walking in to the Chillout room DJ playing "White Rabbit" which set the tone for what was to follow (http://www.songmeanings.net/lyric.php?lid=8697); sourcing a beverage and dancer-enhancer; acquiring the spirally warpaint; being wowed by some stunning get-up people were wearing (http://www.psypix.net/pix/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=1&pos=22); spending next several hours, to quote Peter Cook: non-stop dancing... ; wearily heading to the chill-out room inthe early hours; meeting Laura & Phil (afore-mentioned dosing); trying to put one foot infront of the other to get to the smoothies; "talking" (i.e. babbling) to a girl called Rachel as k was wearing off; making what still seemed like an epic journey back from the gents to the sofas(actually about 20 yards) and chatting to m'chums & Flick's posse who'd joined them; Lollipop ladies coming round with sugar to ensure we eventually came round; sensibly refusing to indulge further; having a ten minute kip like an old codger; going for another dance at 11am-ish to see out the final furlong; getting coat at 12noon; dancing with coat until 12.15 when dj carried on like a true hero; staggering home via the London Dungeon for a messy photo call.

Welcome aboard, glad you enjoyed the party :Smile3:

awww hello!! Thats me and my friend Michelle in the pic...and I was the lolly lady that came round with my silver tray of sweeties around the 7.30am mark!! So glad you had a fabulous night....we all did and it truely was the best introduction to this forum!! :welcome: :Smile3:

Was me who played 'White Rabbit' :ibiggrin:

you said coat i had just about fotgot about mine:sob:

Err, the grey/blue top guy. I do remember your good self and the wizard clobber. You and Emma & Michelle made me feel hugely under-dressed (thanks so much humouring me with that pose btw you two!)

Sorry to hear about your coat; I tend to wear cacky old jackets in case it gets beered or I'm too mashed to pick it up.

Full Lotus - I should have known White Rabbit would spell trouble! Also watched The Game that evening whilst recovering and I'd totally forgotten it appears twice on that film's soundtrack. Was clearly following me around just to freak me out; or maybe I'm a glutton for punishment. Fine track though. I'm wondering what trip-referenced classic is going to be on the playlist for next time. Maybe:

"Just Dropped In (To See What Condition My Condition Was In)"
http://www.songmeanings.net/lyric.php?lid=79210

Err, any other suggestions...? (Mind's gone blank)

oh the guy who made the phone call coz he couldnt find jim and thought he'd left?

anyway cool man welcome to the forum!:Grin:

and it was me who was playing last in the main room; all you lot still on the dancefloor then, boy, you've got some stamina. i kept pushing and pushing, kind of expecting to see some fall away, but no-one did. nutters! :Wink3:

Ah... the Daydream Believer. You've been reading back! A few of us were at the Telegraph on Friday. That one finished at 6am unlike the mammouth 12.15pm sesh at Jacks last month. Question is when/where's the next one...?

Back