Laziness Conspiracy

Lazytom

imperialist running-dog
Reaction score
After consuming a quantity of "blue halo" hallucinogenic mushrooms the other evening, I realised something....

The concept of "laziness" as a negative personality trait is an embodiment of capitalist ideology. Being lazy or "lazing" is to enter a state where one is neither producing or consuming. Sleeping all day is seen as "lazy" because when you are asleep, you are beyond the reach of evil multinationals and their sinister advertising campaigns.

So the notion of laziness was clearly dreamt up by nasty cigar-smoking men in pinstripe suits as a was of stigmatising people who don't succumb to their efforts to enslave the global population through a hierarchical system of debt and credit.

Therefore: the most effective form of political protest is to stay in bed.

lazy by name, lazy by nature.... zzzzz

martin_e

Pantheistic Cyberneticist
Reaction score
Does this mean you'll be running for parliament with the "Pyjama Party" ?

Warwick Bassmonkey

Average Sized Member
Reaction score
Lazytom said:
After consuming a quantity of "blue halo" hallucinogenic mushrooms the other evening, I realised something....
That's a totally profound discovery, probably the best thing I've read in years.

Where can I get some of those?

JohnM

blah blah blah
Reaction score
No - drugs that keep you inside and looking at pretty colours, and thinking about stuff - that you never quite get around to doing - are capitalism's way of keepin you off the streets with petrol bombs & bringing down the state...

Mr Big Cigar WANTS you to take more drugs...

notmushroom

beyond trance
Reaction score
being lazy may be anti capitalist and anti consumer but it still pisses me off, it's self destructive. just because you're doing something doesn't mean you have to spend money or make money, i get sick of people wasting their time doing nothing just because it's what they're used to doing.

Squagnut

There's a gnu in my squat
Reaction score
It's balance, innit. A time for earning money, a time for spending it, blah blah relaxing, sleeping, etc. Nobody's come up with a workable alternative to money (Letts uses its own alternatives, but it's still a substitute currency. Is Letts still going?), but how much of yours passes through the hands of the big nasty multinationals is up to you. It probably all goes that way eventually anyway. Just about all international commerce relies on oil.

Deffo times of laziness can rock, but I get bored too easily.

zeromonkey

Monkey
Reaction score
Isn't being lazy also bad for a communist society ?

Possibly worse actually...

By being lazy you are not contributing to the world we live in.

jibberer

Jibbering Wreck
Reaction score
But there's different kinds of laziness... There's the laziness where you can't be arsed to do things you don't want to do, but still put lots of effort into things you enjoy. I like this kind of lazy. The laziness quotiant should be difined by how far you are willing to drive to go to a party...:icool:

What is life?!

I Loathe Drones.
Reaction score
Yes, i quite agree.

Why should you spend half your life scratching a living, when all you could ever need is right here and in abundence?

I might move to a cave one day.....

ozdave

Phased and misused.
Reaction score
Lazytom said:

The concept of "laziness" as a negative personality trait is an embodiment of capitalist ideology. Being lazy or "lazing" is to enter a state where one is neither producing or consuming. Sleeping all day is seen as "lazy" because when you are asleep, you are beyond the reach of evil multinationals and their sinister advertising campaigns.

So the notion of laziness was clearly dreamt up by nasty cigar-smoking men in pinstripe suits as a was of stigmatising people who don't succumb to their efforts to enslave the global population through a hierarchical system of debt and credit.

Therefore: the most effective form of political protest is to stay in bed.azy as y

lazy by name, lazy by nature.... zzzzz

Yes indeed, I think John and Yoko tried that a long time ago, to limited effect. I prefer the 'slacker' approach (whatever that is).As long as you can support yourself and not be a burden to anyone else then be as lazy as you like!

AcidTrash

Banned
Reaction score
Lazytom said:

Therefore: the most effective form of political protest is to stay in bed.

So you're trying to justify your own bone idleness by blaming it on the system.

Sorry but if youy're going to stay in bed you let the "nasty cigar-smoking men in pinstripe suits" win. If you're not paying attention you don't get a say. The best form of political protest is to get off your arse not stay in bed.

It's easy to stay in bed and do nothing and claim you're fighting the system when all you're doing is exactly what they want you to do; switch off and let them get on with it. You are the worst kind of parasite if you really beleive that.

P.S. My bird says get a f*cking life you sad acid casualty.

felix

Neuroplasmic
Reaction score
So you're trying to justify your own bone idleness by blaming it on the system.

Sorry but if youy're going to stay in bed you let the "nasty cigar-smoking men in pinstripe suits" win. If you're not paying attention you don't get a say. The best form of political protest is to get off your arse not stay in bed.

It's easy to stay in bed and do nothing and claim you're fighting the system when all you're doing is exactly what they want you to do; switch off and let them get on with it. You are the worst kind of parasite if you really beleive that.

P.S. My bird says get a f*cking life you sad acid casualty.

clap clap. what a big man you are.
p.s. my bird says shut the fuck up, you're not impressing anyone.

Stuoolong

Professionally fluffy
Reaction score
Pete, the style of lashing out angrily at people doesn't really go down well here.