Lead noises

Skenkl

Reaction score
Sorry this thread has been done before, but can't seem to find it. :lmao:

Can anyone give me a few ideas, things to try out. I've got z3ta, and have been controling the pitch with the envelope, to get a squeelchy sort of noise which sounds pretty good. Anyone recomend any other parameters to control, fiddle with? :blink:

Got albino, absynth 2, pro 53 as well. :Grin:

:partysmi: :juggle: :sun: :drinking:

Pro-53 man!!! It rocks....

setup a nice dirty acid lead sound (or use a preset), sync the cutoff to an LFO and mess with the delay/modulation effects.... I really miss my Pro-53 - used to have it on my PC setup, but since I changed sides I've had to make do without it...

get a book on synth programming techniques, nah just kidding i'll send you some preset's through email if ya want> I've only just gone and bloody lost my phone! never sort it out soon, email us when your next back down.

or perhaps I should have said something like:

"oh my god why don't you just LEARN how to make great lead lines like everybody else does... I know how to make them cos I'm great and I'm damned if I'm gonna help you become as great as me - its all practice and patience and greatness (well, if you're me anyway)... NO YOU CAN'T HAVE ANY PRESETS!!!! And I bet your sequencer sucks as well - I bet mine is better and I bet you don't have any cool hardware (which is SOOO much better than software) cos you just ain't a PROPER producer like me - I've got LOADS of cool hardware and that's the reason I'm better than you" etc etc etc....

thats the kinda response I got asking the same question on a certain breaks forum... :Grin:

buncha dickheads, they are.

But seriously, IMHO the Pro-53 is one of the best VSTs for leads. Have a good twiddle and be amazed. :byebye:

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lazytom @ Feb 10 2004, 10:24 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> "oh my god why don't you just LEARN how to make great lead lines like everybody else does... And I bet your sequencer sucks as well - I bet mine is better and I bet you don't have any cool hardware (which is SOOO much better than software) cos you just ain't a PROPER producer like me - I've got LOADS of cool hardware and that's the reason I'm better than you" etc etc etc...." [/quote:1dc02a5914]
If you haven't seen it already, allow me to draw your attention to Ott's post on the first page of the 'reason' thread... maybe you'd like to draw it to the attention of these 'great' ones...

*sigh* - why are so many musicians such nobends?

J.

yeah - I saw it....

In this case, I think you're being a bit generous calling people with attitudes like that "musicians". Doesn't matter how good they are, if they're obsessed with seeing who can piss further up the wall (as regards production kit, of course :Smile3: ) then IMHO they ain't musicians. They're wankers.

:Smile3:

slowly but surely drifting off topic... I'll curb my ranting. :unsure:

- dont overlook simple things like pitch. simply by raising/dropping the octave X2 or so can have some preetty weird outcomes on heavily modulated sounds.

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (nik @ Feb 10 2004, 01:24 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> - dont overlook simple things like pitch. simply by raising/dropping the octave X2 or so can have some preetty weird outcomes on heavily modulated sounds. [/quote:3a4883224a]
Just playing a bog-standard saw wave at the bottom of the keyboard (c-1, c-2) and sidding around with the pitch bend should give you some stuff to work with.

But don't forget delay... lots and lots of delay. :Wink3:

J.

or take out the delay completley, notch up the resonance and add a touch of reverb, apply tempo synced phaser, twist the cutoff till the knob falls off and...relax

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (jsainsbury @ Feb 10 2004, 05:52 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> or take out the delay completley, notch up the resonance and add a touch of reverb, apply tempo synced phaser, twist the cutoff till the knob falls off and...relax [/quote:a9cab43d0b]
...lie back, and spark up a cigarette, making sure your control surface gets two's-up on your Marlboro.

Back