Let Them Eat Static!

Ok great Merv will contact you next week or the following!

I feel if we can get you out here (who knows when) then I will have done more than up till now of opening the minds of the folk here who listen to trance-and completely blow all previous attempts of "live" shows!
Hmm that collaboration with Koxbox sounds like it'll be good-enjoyed both his sets in Zambia!
Bye now
Benji
:Grin:

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Xenomorph @ Apr 2 2004, 05:52 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Moonquake...we will always try different things...too many genre's stagnate and become boring if people are too frightened to experiment...its funny,after all the time we've been going,you see people get upset over a certain lp so they automatically assume thats the style you are gonna be doing from then on and so lose interest...then they hear something they like again a couple of years later and get back into it again,usually after seeing us live...We have really just always wanted to do music for the head as well as the feet... [/quote:375769c1c6]
Remember seeing Static at the HighPost when Science of the Gods had just come out, and half the show was Drum and Bass stylee, loads of mates where 4/4 purists and they were like WTF, well disapointed, but you had too look beyond the genre's... It still had so much Static Energy in there, and although I wasn't a D'n'B fan at the time, I couldn't help my self giving it loadz and dancin like f**k. It was wicked, I sweated like gallons, and had just as much fun as a 4/4 techno show. It rocked. (I know people years later that have said at an invite to a static gig "is there going to be any of that D'n'B Bollox"... get over it, you obviously aren't opened minded enuff to bother then) I'm mainley a Trance head and although Abduction and Implant where my fav's for years, Crash and Burn wins today it's just so funky and accessible, Genre's can bugger off, good music is good music!

Koxbox partnership soundz interesting another for the list!!

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (geoffwiffen @ Apr 4 2004, 10:17 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Remember seeing Static at the HighPost when Science of the Gods had just come out, and half the show was Drum and Bass stylee, loads of mates where 4/4 purists and they were like WTF, well disapointed, but you had too look beyond the genre's... It still had so much Static Energy in there, and although I wasn't a D'n'B fan at the time, I couldn't help my self giving it loadz and dancin like f**k. It was wicked, I sweated like gallons, and had just as much fun as a 4/4 techno show. [/quote:480c277a03]
hehe

when i saw them (march 2001) it was much the same... barely one 4/4 track all night, tons of breakbeat/dnb stuff. For me that was kinda fortunate I suppose, cos as that time I was a big drumnbass head and hadnt really listened to any psytrance at all (although it sounded nothing like the drumnbass i knew, either!) It was rather surprising, as I was going along expecting/hoping for psy / 4/4 orientated things, thinking I was there to start discovering this new style my friends were into...

Turned out to be sodding useless at that task, but who cares, because like you say - genre free is the way forward. These days I specifically seek out and concentrate my listening time on genre-free artists. Its impossible to answer the question "what sort of music are you into" because my favourite acts are my favourites precisely because its nigh-on impossible to file them anywhere :lol:

...those were the days. Regards to Mr Hinton (Andrew from Fleet with the cats)

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (geoffwiffen @ Apr 4 2004, 10:17 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> ...when Science of the Gods had just come out... [/quote:d8701b30a9]
... and one day I'll tell the story of how that album was edited together and how it nearly killed me.

One day.

When I'm fully recovered from it.

:unsure:

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Xenomorph @ Apr 3 2004, 10:05 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Frankie from Koxbox is coming to my place this month to write a tune with me for his new album...Viking trance will prevail!
[/quote:23f6288b0b]
Looking forward to hear your creation with him...sounds like a strong collaboration you and frank... funny little off topic thing is that a good friend of mine bought frank´s old G4, maybe it will inspire us in some way... dunno.. lol....

I hope you dont mind me keeping your adress... i would like to send some of my tracks to you one day...

btw copenhagen is low on pot since the police have busted every dealer on christiania... it's really shitty, they mean it this time, they want to legalize Chistiania and turn it in to a "normal" part of copenhagen. But they want get it without a fight from a big part of the danish population....

:smokingr:

Hello!!and do feel :welcome: !

I would go as all peeps above and thank you for all the glorious music along the years; past and future! :punk:

Missed you some years ago when you played Glasgow as I 've learned of the gig the following morning (grrrr.... :wacko: ) but had the chance to see you live at Samothraki '03!And so very glad that I was! :rolleyes:

On a tangent; am getting a tad uncomfortable with my forum name now...tee-heee! :hehe:

Bring on Hi-Fi Companions! :speaker:

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Xenomorph @ Apr 2 2004, 08:58 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> do you know a band called 'My Life With The Thrill Kill Kult'? [/quote:4328e56d2f]
I lurve that band :Grin:

:welcome: Mr Merv of eat static fame :Wink3: :smoke:

Hi Phaedra!

Thx for the welcome...yeah,love 'ThrillKill' too...Frankie(vocallist) is a complete mad character! Am doing stuff with him as we speak...are you also a raving Betty Page fan? Good to meet ya...

Hi No.6 (i will not be filed,stamped,indexed...)

Ozric...i did wonder if you were one of the band in disguise!

Hi Jester...long time no speak...

OTT...yes mate...still not recovered from that session myself!

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Xenomorph @ Apr 7 2004, 07:04 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Ozric...i did wonder if you were one of the band in disguise!

[/quote:4d0c33f943]
I 've joined this forum on a cold night two decembers ago and while facing the eternal question of a name, I had a quick glimse of my record collection and in a rush of innovative uninspiration I called myself thusly!

On second thoughts, I could have called myself OTT or Blumenkraft.
So maybe "ozric" was much the wiser for a choice! :lol1:
(well, until Ed ever decides to join in... :unsure: )

Sorry for the confusion! :Wink3:

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Xenomorph @ Apr 7 2004, 07:04 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Hi Phaedra!

Thx for the welcome...yeah,love 'ThrillKill' too...Frankie(vocallist) is a complete mad character! Am doing stuff with him as we speak...are you also a raving Betty Page fan? Good to meet ya...

Hi No.6 (i will not be filed,stamped,indexed...)

Ozric...i did wonder if you were one of the band in disguise!

Hi Jester...long time no speak...

OTT...yes mate...still not recovered from that session myself! [/quote:6a92829d18]
I am a raving Bettie fan :Grin: love her to bits :Grin: used to do burlesgue modelling to in my youth :Grin:

Kiss frankie and the rest of the Kult for me :lol1:

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Pheadra @ Apr 8 2004, 07:33 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> I am a raving Bettie fan :Grin: love her to bits :Grin: used to do burlesgue modelling to in my youth :Grin:

Kiss frankie and the rest of the Kult for me :lol1: [/quote:f0a7f3b8f7]
Phaedra......Coolio!

Did you ever collect any of the music from her 'movies'? They released a whole load of it about 5 years ago on 'Crippled Dick' records (dont ask!! German i think!)

Came in really good packaging with tons of photo's in a booklet...

Anyway,its cool stuff.... :Grin:

Oooh no never saw that! will have to have a root around and find it :Wink3: Betties 'movies' are class :lol1:

cheers for that :Grin:

BTW a bit of useless info for you! did you know she didn't get into the modelling til she was 36! god damn shes looked good for her age :Grin:

:wub:

Shes 80 now and is still beautiful! have seen a rare pic of her, she has no money or anything as the photographer has all the rights! :o!!!!

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Pheadra @ Apr 8 2004, 08:40 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> BTW a bit of useless info for you! did you know she didn't get into the modelling til she was 36! god damn shes looked good for her age :Grin:

:wub:

Shes 80 now and is still beautiful! have seen a rare pic of her, she has no money or anything as the photographer has all the rights! :o!!!! [/quote:6c4255462f]
Wow,really? Thats mad...you may have quite a problem finding those cd's now but i can always knock up some copies! :Wink3:

Back