LIQUID RECORDS DUB/CHILL COMP

Reaction score
As we all know Ross's trance comp Build Your Own Reaktor is soon to be unleashed..
On the other side of Liquid Records and out around the same time as '..Reaktor' is Djems' chill compilation, although chill out is quite an understated descrption of the cinematic electronica on show here.
heres the skinny:

soul vibration#001
compiled by liquid djems
liquid records

umberloid :: exit chapel perilous
reality staircase :: sodium stones
slack baba :: dubterrania
Red Seal
manasseh :: ribbit teacha
gaudi + tripswitch :: on the edge
nagual sound experiment :: chimera
organismic :: jews harp
graham wood :: mori mora
jagatah :: radiance

Umberloid is Ott and some other dude and what a start to the CD this is!! Lovely dub full of colour and bass.
Reality Staircase bring us some moody and smokey downtempo breaks with a classic triphop feel to it.
Slack Baba unleashes some mighty dub groovage with uptempo beats...my new fave artist! He's also got a track on Ross' comp.
The Red Seal track is simply stunning..featuring Cheshire Cat from Leftfield, this is an instant classic, so familiar yet fressh as fuck! slomo dub/acid house action with great vocal meodies.
Manasseh usually makes big old smokey dub, but this track is really something different. Loungey dub-house with a sleazy undertone and undeniable funk..apparently its his first track using Logic.
Guadi and Tripswitch connect minds for this unique collaboration. Airy, bass heavy and with some quality breaks to boot..nuff said
My Nagual Sound Experiment track is a fave of mine and Djems, mid tempo off meter dub-breaks with cerebral synths swirling around.
Organismic bring on the psy drum n bass with my favorite track on the comp. Absolutly twisted synths over a funky dnb /breaksbeat groove...love it
Graham Wood is obviously well known around these parts and he doesn't dissapoint with some mezmerizing vocals and a strange ethnic-electro fusion..
Jagatah bring us down to earth with some uber chilled ethnic eletronica which gets pretty heady by the end..nice

I Dj'd tracks from the comp at Hadra in France and they sounded really great on the big system!
Well done to Djems for getting together a collection of great established artists with some new homegrwon Liquid talent!
And you can catch quite a fewq of the artists on this comp at the glade Liquid Stage!

floatyhippyflower said:
YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.
New Umberloid!
When and where do I sign???

That's Warwick Bassmonkey/Chris Barker to you! :lol:

thank you! yep Mr Barker on da old 4 string...
i dunno abouit the Dylan Thomas tune...think it didn't make it on...

lurk said:
oooohh this looks well tasty... go liquid folks!

is the track with the dylan thomas poem on it?

shame this beauty missed the boat ... i think it a masterpiece !
but it can still be heard floating around the odd liquid chill session here and there, certainly still on my playing list!
it's called Valhalla and it's by Erik the Viking / Zen Cats .. very simular the opening track on the second Mashed Mellow Grooves ..

x
x

:Smile3:

floatyhippyflower said:
YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.
New Umberloid!
When and where do I sign???

That's Warwick Bassmonkey/Chris Barker to you! :lol:

the album is release next month (August..) i think ...
there a nice lil Liquid chill night happening on 31st July to celebrate it's release with some of the artists featured at the Love Bar (wot a name!!) in Shoreditch..

the album is amazing !! personal favorite is the Red Seal track 'Battle for Liquid Space' featuring wots-his-name from Leftfield .. Wow !!
and also Nagual track and Umberloid .. two beauties !!!!

x

x

x

x

Back