Logic sampler

jibberer

Jibbering Wreck
I'm using logic express 7, and I'm having a few problems understanding the sampler. I'd like to start making my own drumkits and using my own wavs. I know the Express version of the sampler is a sample player, and that the sample editor has been removed, and therefor I can't directly record samples, but does this also mean I can only use the supplied samples? If not, does anyone know how to go about loading wavs, and constructing drumkits? I really hope I can do this, or I'm stuck with about 4 crappy kicks, and very limited percussion sounds...any advice much appreciated.:ismile: :ikiss: :ismile:

jamez_23

Blah
ex24 with no sample editor? How are you supposed to load new wav's and save your instruments?

Christ on a bike, how annoying. :confused:

jibberer

Jibbering Wreck
Arggg...so I guess that does mean I can't load new wavs... that's really cheap. I've just got comfortable using Logic, and I find out I can't use any new drum sounds. So short of upgrading to Logic pro for 500 quid, or buying another sampler I'm stuck with the shipped sounds, or using someone elses kits. That sucks! Does anyone know where I can find other exs kits? I do have my eyes on Battery, but the exs 24 does seem like a nice sampler, and I think it's also much kinder on the computer resources. Cheeky buggers are Apple...

jibberer

Jibbering Wreck
I just read that they took the sample editor out of the Express version when it upgraded to 7, ie when Apple took over from Emagic. Seems like a pretty cheap move to me.

jibberer

Jibbering Wreck
Yea I do want to get battery, but it would be nice to use the exs for the simple things in life such as basic drum noises etc. I just read as well that some company has developed an editor that works with the exs, but it's not been released yet. It looks pretty nice though! Do you have any idea where I could find other exs kits?

jibberer

Jibbering Wreck
Yes I'm using a mac, but I'm more of a Macbaby, than a Makdaddy... I'm still learning my way around it. I like it, and I like logic a lot as well, but come on...surely loading your own wavs is a pretty basic function for a sampler to perform, even if it is only a sample player?? Me thinks I'm going to have to part with some hard earned cach sooner than anticipated...expensive bussiness trying to make music isn't it...

jackrabbit

pulse width fay
jibberer said:
but come on...surely loading your own wavs is a pretty basic function for a sampler to perform, even if it is only a sample player??

Sounds like l'express's samples should be labled "rompler"!

I'me thinking of getting express too as I'me fed up with the prosessor gungry nature of cubase SE.

Here is a link that should help all your mac needs www.macmusic.org/home/?lang=EN

jibberer

Jibbering Wreck
:ismile: Thanks! I just did a google...should have done that before asking,sorry! But it's good that I know a bit more about my sample player now!:ismile: