LUFS settings

Fractalspores

Forum Member
Reaction score
hi was wondering what lufs others are going for in psytrance but for soundcloud and youtube any ideas ? cheers

Fractalspores

Forum Member
Reaction score
Thanks mr hammy i heard -8 was good for cd and clubs but for online streaming 12- 14 sounds good will go for 12 ?

MrHammy

Forum Member
Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Yupp, I think it depends what you want it for man. For a club or small indoor space you probably won't be needing too much dynamics as its all about the boom boom blast blast but for home listening or outdoor spaces dynamics are quite important. Let it breathe, ahhhhhhhh

Fractalspores

Forum Member
Reaction score
for steaming atm and wasnt sure what others are aiming for in psy :Smile3: spot on there cheers for the tip on the dynamics just finshed my new single got -11 rms -8 lufs maybe a bit hot but used mutliband at 50% wet to keep the punch have a check see if you think it is too much or not? cheers for the replay (will post the new single in the right place on the forum) have a good day/night

Fractalspores

Forum Member
Reaction score
did some more research on this turns out a guy in the uk who has been in the mastering realm for 10 years in psy music is using -8 lufs which is confusing link is here good insight into self mastering from this if it helps others ...

MrHammy

Forum Member
Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Thing is man, everyone has their different techniques and there's no right and wrong when it comes to creating - there are guidelines but nobody has to follow anything.

I would suggest for you to master your track 3 times - one with -8 LUFS, one with -12 and one with -14 and then test it out in a few places and decide what you like better.
Also remember that when you release a track it won't be you doing the mastering so don't forget to pay attention to the mix which is most of the battle

Fractalspores

Forum Member
Reaction score
spot on there hammy mixing is the hard part making sure all the bits are working and not clashing,good idea on the 3 runs of mastering thou and worth doing i do the same for mix's also..def some good tips in that vid,spending time after making the track and coming back to it with fresh ears helps alot also....

Prophecy99

Forum Member
Reaction score
when I load quality psytrance tracks into my daw, they analyze around -8 LUFS. i usually aim around there as a ceiling or maximum.