M-Audio Quattro USB!! cant decide :(

shahmaran May 14, 2004

1. shahmaran

shahmaran Senior Member

Threads:
    hey ppl im planning to buy a decent soundcard for my pc and recently saw this nice looking m-audio quattro usb i was wondering if anyone knows anything about it or got any other ideas about a nice soundcard around 200 pounds, my old card was m-audio audiophile which was nice but it died due to a faulty PSU and thats 1 reason id like to go for a usb or firewire one this time, thanx :Smile3:

2. eMpTy-1

eMpTy-1 Junior Members

Threads:
    I got a M-audio FW410 which is a nice card, don't know the price in quids though 4ins 2 of which are digital SPDIF or optical and 10 outs 2 digital as well. It has midi in and out also, XLR ins, 2 x headphone, phantom power, solid construction and has functional software interface. It also supports up to 192khz sample rate, which you can't get close to on a USB methinks. I would and did go with FW especially as wireless firewire is on the horizon and maybe it will be a unit that slots into any FW device.

3. shahmaran

shahmaran Senior Member

Threads:
    ok thanx man so i guess i wont go for a USB either now as i spoke to some ppl and no one recommends thanx :Wink3:

4. eMpTy-1

eMpTy-1 Junior Members

Threads:
    They have a used one at turnkey.co.uk for 209 as opposed to 299... Get It Now :Grin:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice