mackies and other stuff

Reaction score
Camden, London and during the summer months to be
Hi ,

I got 3 x Mackie active SRM 450'S for sale at £350 each

4 x flying iron wall brackets for the above at bargain £30.00 each

2 x Mackie active SA1521 (mids) ...warm and fat and beautiful...£900.00 pair..SOLD

1 x hardley used Denon Amp.. PMA100m (£225 cheapest quote new) £150.00

1 x Proel 4 channel HAP10 Head phone amp £ 15.00 ...SOLD

1 x Technics 1200 turntable Plus flight case £ 270...SOLD

Anyone interested just let me know

would you swap 'em for a good joke?

No disrespect, chap, but you'd be best advertising elsewhere, really....

Mackies are designed for small bands/pubs and are not really suitable for "fast" psy/techno stuff.

Not many folk play psy-trance on T/Tables anymore, either

Fushion Julz said:
No disrespect, chap, but you'd be best advertising elsewhere, really....

Mackies are designed for small bands/pubs and are not really suitable for "fast" psy/techno stuff.

Not many folk play psy-trance on T/Tables anymore, either

What is the matter with you guys, u and Mr Cool.

Ive been running some of the best sound quality small parties in London on a full MACKIE system, many people here in london have purchased a mackie system just on the pure sound quality that they heard in the Dream Temple record store. as for turnatable I sold that ...almost immediately. Vinyl my friend has a sound quality all of its own, not as good as CD (in my mind) but rated by many as the best....and certainly better than a burnt cd.

I sold the Mackies today (the big ones) to a guy from Bristol, responding to this ad....yes on Psy Forum and no discount even mentioned. He and I spent along time discussing the merits of the warm, fat, pure sound quality, and wot, you think I demonstrated them with a track from Cold play, wake up.

You probably never set foot in the Dream Temple, we certainly never played fast techno, but I didnt actually advertise them on Techno Forum did I....and as for fast psy well u could be right about 145 is about my limit....but it is I believe still psy.

Anyway the 450's are still for sale, but I wouldnt expect anyone to use them on there own at a party, they are more for a studio monitor, people who come on this forum, as I understand, use studios, or play music at home .......dont they ? ? ?

Thanks but no thanks for your not very smart advice.............:ibiggrin:

The Dream Temple said:
What is the matter with you guys, u and Mr Cool.

Ive been running some of the best sound quality small parties in London on a full MACKIE system, many people here in london have purchased a mackie system just on the pure sound quality that they heard in the Dream Temple record store. as for turnatable I sold that ...almost immediately. Vinyl my friend has a sound quality all of its own, not as good as CD (in my mind) but rated by many as the best....and certainly better than a burnt cd.

I sold the Mackies today (the big ones) to a guy from Bristol, responding to this ad....yes on Psy Forum and no discount even mentioned. He and I spent along time discussing the merits of the warm, fat, pure sound quality, and wot, you think I demonstrated them with a track from Cold play, wake up.

You probably never set foot in the Dream Temple, we certainly never played fast techno, but I didnt actually advertise them on Techno Forum did I....and as for fast psy well u could be right about 145 is about my limit....but it is I believe still psy.

Anyway the 450's are still for sale, but I wouldnt expect anyone to use them on there own at a party, they are more for a studio monitor, people who come on this forum, as I understand, use studios, or play music at home .......dont they ? ? ?

Thanks but no thanks for your not very smart advice.............:ibiggrin:

Jus want 2 say a big thanku 2 Nigel 4 being so helpful and most of all selling me his much loved speakers - I can assure u they will be much loved by me and put 2 some serious use playing fast, slow and medium psy, techno, breaks, house, electronica dub, reggae, hip-hop dnb chill......etc!!

The speakers sound absolutely awesome and shit over most other speakers i've heard of similar size and bigger! I can't wait 2 test them out on thursday and am looking 4ward 2 augmenting them with Mackie subs as soon as I pay off what I just spent!

They may not be much compared 2 any big system, but these bad-boys are gonna rock many a party for years to come.

Thanks Nigel and best of luck with the new shop, I will definetly pay u a visit next time I'm in Camden.

:ibiggrin:

And vinyl is still the best!

The Dream Temple said:
yep..he did that...still a stuuupid thing to say tho..:irolleyes

Sorry, it isn't stupid...It's a FACT!!

It is pretty much a known fact, in the sound community, that if you want the best sound for Techno or Psy-trance you need a decent horn-loaded rig, not a pair of front-loaded mids and bandpass subs.

That doesn't mean that Mackie is crap (it isn't), but it is a bit inflexible for adding or building on (should you decide you need a bigger rig) and it most certainly isn't the best kit for either outdoors or larger venues...

It was designed, and is sold for small bands or pubs.

Frankly, if you MUST have active, it is one of the better (small) systems around, but for not a lot more than what you were selling s/h Mackie for you can get a Void Basys system (http://www.proaudioparts.co.uk/basys.asp)
Equally unsuitable for psy-trance or techno (but superb and very loud for rock, dub, R&B, etc).

Obviously, if you are doing parties in a very small venue (house, pub, etc) then this sort of kit will suffice as horns are always gonna be bigger and work better in bigger spaces.

However, I'm happy you sold them and I'm sure the new owner will be equally as pleased...

I offered the ADVICE because you were not getting any results and were obviously getting keen to move em on...

:ikiss:

I loved Dan Spenser's Mackies they sounded really clear and crisp (albeit we heard them in the context of a party in a farmhouse) and I would love a pair, just to have the buggers. Still much too expensive for me, and I know naaaaaaaaaaaathing about anything to do with sound.

Glad you sold them Dream Temple, wish I could have bought them.

The Dream Temple said:

Dude, while i find mackie stuff to be generally good value kit, the thought of using SRM450's as studio monitors is the most stoopid idea i've ever heard.

Sorry to piss on your parade, but SRM450's are the most "coloured" speaker in Mackies range. Need loads of "dynamic" EQ in the 4-6KHz range just to make them listenable.

As DJ monitors they are fine. Maybe even with a decent SUB, and a good quality EQ, as part of a small PA, but they really are not up to the job of studio monitors.

Fushion Julz said:
Sorry, it isn't stupid...It's a FACT!!

:ikiss:

Yes. I couldn't agree more with all technical stuff, but that wasn't wot I meant was stuuuupid.

1st.. I'm not selling a rig.
2nd..people on Psy forum are interested in all types of sound equipment.
3rd..Turntables are nothing to do with it at all

plus as you probably gathered people really like em
l

The Dream Temple said:

grouch.jpg

:ibiggrin:

Plank! said:
Dude, while i find mackie stuff to be generally good value kit, the thought of using SRM450's as studio monitors is the most stoopid idea i've ever heard.

I must say sir, I hereby stand corrected.......never been in a studio.:irolleyes ....but still very useable by the yer average psy forum frequenter , was what I was trying to say,( ...gotto mind yer P's and Q's here ay).

Anyway.....r u interested .....monitors (of some sort ) perhaps ..:ismile:

Back