1. shpongling tom

shpongling tom Junior Members

Threads:
    Im planning on going to Mexico in August-Sept, has anyone got any suggestions of cool places to go to? Plus does anyone know of any festivals etc going on there during this time?

jst about to book plane tickets .......ouch!

any help would be very much appreciated :Grin:

2. eduk

eduk Junior Members

Threads:
  3. mati

mati Junior Members

Threads:
    I am planning to go to Mexico as well, in September...do u know where u want to flight first??

4. mdmafuelledorganism

mdmafuelledorganism Cider huntress

Threads:
    Body -> London ....Mind -> Elsewere and twa
    Flights to Mexico lastcallflights.com in Feb they go down to 200 and its still 35 degrees lol

Mexico where to start have been all over my advice is head south to palenque and go across to Tikal (most amazing Mayan ruins in South America that I’ve seen) although its in Guatemala. Palenque is in the southern part of Mexico is where they are constantly fighting to reclaim it for the Indian locals from the Mexican government (guerrilla fighters like marcos) so is full of army but really chilled vibe and friendly locals but be warned atrocities do happen there. The region is full of huge waterfalls luscious rainforest and maya temples

If your looking for touristy place to spend a small amount of time in say couple of weeks then tulum is cool go to cabanas right next to ruins only 2.50 a night for two people and lots of diving on the reef for free don’t pay to get a boat swim out there you can see loads of turtles etc and cave diving do this as is amazing 50 feet caverns with those formation things stallagmites (urk spelling) amazing. People around there are from all over world and is really small but everyone knows each other which is kind check out if the reggae band is still there ripen the bars off and tell them eatherrrrrrrr and beckalina say hello.The pacific side of the coast is all good too and waves on that side are huge

Cities- >dont stay in mexico city its pants Oaxaca is one of the best ones

Overall my opinion is head down to Guatemala (cheaper than Mexico , Mexico is still cheap but getting too well known I like hidden treasures of places) go too panachel that my fav place in the world and Ive been all over or to Columbia to divers paradise island called millina ( is not spelt that way but pronounced that way apologies cant find a bloody map so I can find out the spelling) there loads of parties there but you will get bored of talking about diving but I don’t dive much and I was fine so well worth it

Its easy and cheap to get down to those countries if you have a long time then its well worth it have fun!! :bananada:

I could Rant and Rant and Rant and rant and rant but go find out yourselfs I did lol

Join ya soon
    Smiles H

5. Psytwin

Psytwin Junior Members

Threads:
    Mexiiiiiiiiiicoooooooooo

I just love this country!!!

Shpongling tom & mati

According to your post you both should already back from your trip or about to end it!
    Hope that you did have a wonderful time a round the country! :Smile3:

mdmafuelledorganism

Sound like you did enjoy this place as mutch as I did! :Grin:

For those who did not had the change to experience the lovely places over there,
    Well I’m working on the travel section (under construction) of my website, and some countries are already online and of course including Mexico and Guatemala. You will find mainly pictures and some maps informations about various cities of those countries :Wink3:

Here is the temporary link to the section.

http://mapage.noos.fr/giiss/travel/travel.html

PS: This link is the online test of my works, so you may have some executing down speed if you are connected a the same time of uploading update files.

Have fun!

W. Psytwin

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice