midi mixer control

shahmaran

Reaction score
is there any way i can control the faders of the sx3 mixer with the knobs on my midi keyboard??

its a tiny evolution mk-225c

i urgently need to be able to control a few faders simultaneously and the macro function is not really doing what i need..........

where do i do what exactly??

Go into the Device Setup window... if there is an option in the list labelled 'Generic Remote' then select it, otherwise click on the Add/Remove tab at the top of the window and add it.

Once you're in the Generic Remote page, you use the top pane to define the physical controls on your keyboard, and what they output, and the bottom pane to define the virtual parameters you want them to control. To control faders, you select (in the bottom pane, having previously set up the controllers in the top pane) 'VST Mixer' as the device for each knob on the MK225-C, the name of the channels you want to control, and the Value/Action, in this case Volume. To the right of the bottom pane you can manage different banks of controller assignments, so you could have one for the first 8 faders, another for faders 9-16, etc.

A good explanation but must say is very confusing to set up the controls for the first time, but after that first time, up you go........ Cubase should have a different and simpler config......

it happened the same with mine........

but as colin said....... "Once you're in the Generic Remote page, you use the top pane to define the physical controls on your keyboard, and what they output, and the bottom pane to define the virtual parameters you want them to control. To control faders, you select (in the bottom pane, having previously set up the controllers in the top pane) 'VST Mixer' as the device for each knob on the MK225-C, the name of the channels you want to control, and the Value/Action, in this case Volume. To the right of the bottom pane you can manage different banks of controller assignments, so you could have one for the first 8 faders, another for faders 9-16, etc."

Back