Mixer Help - Which One?

LittleWing

Forum Member
Reaction score
Ive saved up for ages and havent bought myself anything for a long long while, and so im gonna go out and buy some decks and a mixer.

Im probably gonna go for the cdj200s... unless anyone thinks thats a bad choice.

And now for the question..

which mixer, £100-200 budget, cheaper if possible, but id like one with some nice effects and.. anything yeah.

:iyes:

a few people might think that the pioneers are not the best choice, altogether now "but they are industry standard" As for a mixer, try and buy one of Goz's off him, he's got two and he doesn't need them and they're cluttering up my, sorry, OUR flat!

go for Denon CDJ's, I have DNS-1000 and they're rather peachy, they do a lot more stuff for the same amount of money!!

Is it for home/bedroom use, or for taking out to parties?

The CDJ200s are the first Piosneer dex that feel well made enough to withstand any sort of abuse....But they're still Piosneer and that means having to pay their spares prices and deal with their spares dept.
Look at the Denon DNS1000 (as mentioned)...they are smaller and offer loads of features, if a slightly different way of operation..
The Numark Axis range are *very* well made, but look like a "my first CD player"
NOt used/abused the Stantons, really, but have heard good reports....The Geminis are OK for bedroom use, but not at all suitable for taking out n about.

As for mixers...You need to specify a price and intended use...

If money is no object, then A&H are tough and offer lots of facilities with a decent sound and operation...The Tascam and Ecler ranges are worth looking at as are the better (pro) Vestax ones and the pro Stantons and Citronics...
Personally, I'd leave the Pioneer ones alone...
Cheaper ones: For home use look at Numark, Behringer (copies of Pioneer or Vestax) and the Omnitronic ones aren't so bad....

Cheap and good...There is , IMHO, only one...The now discontinued (but still to be had on eBay) Behringer DX1000

price for the mixer is upto £200
i had a look at the numark DXM 06 and it looks pretty good.. opinions?

i want a nice decent mixer, mainly for bedroom use with some good effects.

mmm ans i automatically thought we might be talking about cocktails... hm.... :P

For bedroom use the Numarks are just fine....Try to keep ciggie ash off the sliders and they will last well and don't sound too bad at all...

Try having a look at the Behringer VMX500 or 700....should be no more than about £125 and have a much better range of facilities than most other, equivalently priced, options...

but then as i get better id like to be able to take them to friends houses or do little diddly dos with them, so what do i have to consider?

build quality....

For taking them to other peoples' houses or to house parties where you look after them, personally, then same as for bedroom use...

However, if you are gonna be taking them out to parties outdoors, in squats, etc (you'd rarely take on to a club, cos they will have their own), then you want something a bit more "pro" if you want it to last.

Same as ever for that price range....
VMX1000 beringer....
IVe gone on about this a million times before but the more i rag it and it still survives... <nearly 2 years n probs 25+ parties... mostly outdoors....unracked and ive never even had to replace as much as a fader....
Great build quality n unbeatable sound at that price point....
N

psyche_sailor said:
price for the mixer is upto £200
i had a look at the numark DXM 06 and it looks pretty good.. opinions?

i want a nice decent mixer, mainly for bedroom use with some good effects.

i have one of those mixers and it is very nice indeed

main prob(?) is the layout of the equ being horizontal as opposed to vertical with most others.

nice effects too - if u like em

i will have an axis 9 cdj 4 sale very soon - replacing that with cdj200

thanks

dave

Nanook said:
Same as ever for that price range....
VMX1000 beringer....
IVe gone on about this a million times before but the more i rag it and it still survives... <nearly 2 years n probs 25+ parties... mostly outdoors....unracked and ive never even had to replace as much as a fader....
Great build quality n unbeatable sound at that price point....
N

i had a look at that too with some intrest although i cant see any effects and its looks rather largeee

id get the axis 8s mate theyve got loads of quality effects that means u wudnt need to buy a mixer with effects, axis 9s look much nicer but cant hold the beat as long.

spacecadet said:
id get the axis 8s mate theyve got loads of quality effects that means u wudnt need to buy a mixer with effects, axis 9s look much nicer but cant hold the beat as long.

when mixing with a cdj 500s and a numark axis 9 the beats keep in time for a good 2 minutes - i don't mix longer than that tho

daVE:irazz:

spacecadet said:
Spank said:
go for Denon CDJ's, I have DNS-1000 and they're rather peachy, they do a lot more stuff for the same amount of money!!
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Go for the pioneer CDJ200s,
I have used all of the above, and also the technics and stanton,

trust me

-
the 200s are a much much better pair of decks,
they also have effects

ive 10 yrs of mixing experience on loadsa different decks to back that up aswell

for a mixer, id listen to jules and chris, unfortunately for £200 you are only ever gonna get an average mixer

just when i thought i had made up my mind i get throwwwn off track. dammnit!

hmm, well what is a mixer you recommend on a low budget...

also, does anyone really use the effects? i just have used them in programs like traktor, and have a load of effects pedals for my electric guitar and they are fun fun fun... but for djing.. do they come into use?

Back