Monitoring Headphones -

Zaven

Time to prime..
Reaction score
Any useful suggestions on Dance music monitoring headphones...?

I'm looking seriously at the AKG 270's or lightweight 271S's

I'm open to some thoughts..

>>{-'-}<<

:ph34r:

:badger:

I've got some Sennheiser HD 25s - and the clarity is spot on for what I need. :cooljump:

zur tin,

Are you D.J'in tho?? They're good for monitoring bass tone P.F.L's I find.. Not sure how good they be for production monitoring.

I guess they rate pretty highly, but..

Need a bit more width and dynamic range. Something, not zur wot wot dough.

:ph34r:

I've got Sennheiser HD 200s, which I use. Quit like um although I haven't tried any other head phone to be honest with you so I can't compare.
Just thought that if I spent over a certain amount then they were sure to be good.
:speaker:

Fair comment me thinxiz>>

Gonna start flapping some £50 notes about then - see what sticks. :crazy:

Naaah, I think the AKG's are the likely choice so far... Anymore for anymore??

:smokingr:

over the last month or so, while my monitors were off for repair i got the best part of a new track down using only HD25's - i got my monitors back last week, plugged em in & hey presto...the new track written using only headphones sounds Ace!!

personally i find headphones too tiring in the long run, but once you know your sounds you can just use the headphones to crack on with writing of the music & then mix it later.

imak x

ended up getting the Sennheiser HD-25's and they are lovely. They are much better at the low end, which is where I want them for DJing, and fuck me, they'll make my ears bleed before they distort :Grin:

brij said:
ended up getting the Sennheiser HD-25's and they are lovely. They are much better at the low end, which is where I want them for DJing, and fuck me, they'll make my ears bleed before they distort :Grin:

I'm getting these too. They should arrive today

*yipee*

I use the HD 280pro from Sennheiser - it's blasting my acoustic meatus away... :
musik1.gif

But it's more useful for monitoring, than for djing, I think. :Wink3:

Back