opia Dec 30, 2003

1. jsainsbury

jsainsbury Forum Addict

Threads:
    oi, i use monitors

2. Warwick Bassmonkey

Warwick Bassmonkey Average Sized Member

Threads:
    No matter what monitors you use, you'll always find someone who will think your mix sounds shit.

:lol1:

3. Faction

Faction Proto-col

Threads:
    </div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Warwick Bassmonkey @ Jan 10 2004, 09:14 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> No matter what monitors you use, you'll always find someone who will think your mix sounds shit.

:lol1: [/quote:90964a9b31]
    Generally yourself.

4. Ott^

Ott^ Guest

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Colin OOOD @ Jan 11 2004, 01:12 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> </div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Warwick Bassmonkey @ Jan 10 2004, 09:14 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> No matter what monitors you use, you'll always find someone who will think your mix sounds shit.

:lol1: [/quote:b024c03b2c]
    Generally yourself. [/quote:b024c03b2c]
    Thats got bugger all to do with your monitors...

5. Faction

Faction Proto-col

Threads:
  6. Faction

Faction Proto-col

Threads:
    Chris Organic says: that's not what Colin really says. He thinks everything he touches is sweeter than a honey sandwich. Or it was something about hunnies anyway...

7. Ott^

Ott^ Guest

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Colin OOOD @ Jan 11 2004, 01:20 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Er... yes. So? [/quote:f3b9c3663b]
    Merely making the observation that the way we perceive our own mixes has more to do with psychology than acoustics.

Thats all.

8. Faction

Faction Proto-col

Threads:
  9. Ott^

Ott^ Guest

Is it me or has it all gone a bit stroppy in here?

:Smile3:

10. Faction

Faction Proto-col

Threads:
    :Smile3: Oops... that'll teach me to post at 4am...

11. andrew

andrew open your mind

Threads:
    I've been using the rather cheap and cheerful tannoy reveals for ages and have had good results - now that i'm getting some wicked sounds outta my new soundcard they are still fine and dandy :Smile3: maybe i'll follow colin's advice and put some bricks under em... gotta nick some from the building site round the corner

12. Warwick Bassmonkey

Warwick Bassmonkey Average Sized Member

Threads:
    </div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Ott^ @ Jan 11 2004, 01:34 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Is it me or has it all gone a bit stroppy in here?

:Smile3: [/quote:ab7713c5d7]
    Both?

:lol:

13. Faction

Faction Proto-col

Threads:
    I've just had Chris Organic tell me he's thinking of selling his Dynaudios and getting some Richard Allans, after doing a track with me here in Bristol... :Smile3: I like my speakers.

14. PsYx

PsYx Guest

I've got the M-Audio BX8's...and I love the sound of them...
    Nice Low-end...good clearity....good price... :Wink3:

15. evp

evp Junior Members

Threads:
    :wizard1: evp says :wizard1:

I would highly recommend the behringer truths for the price. They have a well balanced sound, with a good flat response, for main monitors these are great for trance, with active circuitry they are great value.

Ns10's are traditionally used as for checking how the mix sounds on shit speakers as they come nowhere near the sonic quality of real studio monitors of the sort you might find in a proper facility (i.e £2000 and up).

hope that helps...

EVP

16. Wiley Peyote

Wiley Peyote Junior Members

Threads:
    any advice on Yamaha active monitors? Any good? the ones that cost just over £1200

17. Ott^

Ott^ Guest

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (evp @ Jan 24 2004, 02:20 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Ns10's are traditionally used as for checking how the mix sounds on shit speakers as they come nowhere near the sonic quality of real studio monitors of the sort you might find in a proper facility (i.e £2000 and up).
    [/quote:c570e9f5ef]
    Uh-huh...

:rolleyes:

*cough*

18. Mike Indidginus

Mike Indidginus Guest

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (andrew @ Jan 11 2004, 11:20 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> I've been using the rather cheap and cheerful tannoy reveals for ages and have had good results - now that i'm getting some wicked sounds outta my new soundcard they are still fine and dandy :Smile3: maybe i'll follow colin's advice and put some bricks under em... gotta nick some from the building site round the corner [/quote:d24cfefd07]
    Right on Andrew :Smile3: I use Tannoy Reveals too. They're great for the price I reckin. I've just bought some rather dinky Yamaha MSP3's to take with me to Cape Town - they're great too. I can fit them in my suitcase!

19. MonasticSquid

MonasticSquid Psychedelic Samurai

Threads:
    Hey ... bad work men and their tools and all that :Wink3:

finally...... I think most 'Top End' Producers have more that one pair of monitors and switch between them for a better representation of whats really going on (us mere proles that can barely afford to buy one pair :P ) - so i went for the Alesis M1 MkII - yeah they are a bit more 'present' at the bottom end...... but once you 'Train' your ear to your monitors (I listen to various CDs constantly to hear what i should be sounding like) - then this isnt a problem... i find it actually lets me have a better shot at knocking out those nasty low frequencies more easily...
    ... but as i say... diferent horse for diferent monitors and all that :lol1:

... go with what works best for you and your pocket

20. JPsychodelicacy

JPsychodelicacy Studio Elf

Threads:
    </div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Ott^ @ Jan 24 2004, 08:21 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> </div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (evp @ Jan 24 2004, 02:20 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Ns10's are traditionally used as for checking how the mix sounds on shit speakers as they come nowhere near the sonic quality of real studio monitors of the sort you might find in a proper facility (i.e £2000 and up).
    [/quote:83ec2d1805]
    Uh-huh...

:rolleyes:

*cough* [/quote:83ec2d1805]
    *pulls up a chair, contemplates selling ice-cream and hot dogs for this one...*

:Wink3:

J.