more bitchin about the US

moonbeam1

Hard as Nails !
Reaction score
There are four dimensions...... Im in there somewh
So Im going on holiday in a couple of months, and am having to transit via Miami airport, Im not staying there mind, just getting a connecting flight........

I've found out, cos where Im going is in the Caribbean sea( which obviously borders the US to the east of the gulf of Mexico), so Im therefore exempt from the Visa Waiver program.

So Im gonna have to get a US Visa, even though Im not even going into their bloomin country. And to top that i can expect to be photographed and fingerprinted on my arrival in Miami.

IMO this truly sucks !

anyway bitch over, tsk !

hmm not sure what the conditions for the visa are yet..... If they deny it to me, I reckon im gonna download jolly Rogers cookbook!

Ok obviously not, but you can begin to understand why people get angered with the US when they start interfering in innocent people's lives, I mean what gives them the right to take my fingerprints, im not a criminal !

whitedog said:
do they want biometric data for the visa application?

if they wanna fingerprint him then yes ...... thats biometric data .......

I think the theory is that they want to know who is in their country, because it can't be that hard to escape form an airport whilst waiting to change flights they want to know who you are if you go missing.

Poncho said:
I think the theory is that they want to know who is in their country, because it can't be that hard to escape form an airport whilst waiting to change flights they want to know who you are if you go missing.

so why the need for a VISA ?

and they would know who is was from the passenger amnifest, i get off one plane, but not on another.... they would have my passport details etc, what else do they need ?

That's a transit VISA I think, but I might be wrong. At present they need a machine readable passport. Biometric passports will be required from next October 2006.

I work for an american airline company. I usually refer passengers to the Embassy for Visa info, as I never know for sure what they are up to and I don't want to get involved too much in wrong informations. Was wandering from where to where you travel and your nationality moonbeam1, if I may.

Andrea said:
That's a transit VISA I think, but I might be wrong. At present they need a machine readable passport. Biometric passports will be required from next October 2006.

I work for an american airline company. I usually refer passengers to the Embassy for Visa info, as I never know for sure what they are up to and I don't want to get involved too much in wrong informations. Was wandering from where to where you travel and your nationality moonbeam1, if I may.

Yep Im going from Gatwick to Nassau via Miami, and Im Cuban, I mean British Sorry, yes British ! :lol1:

Cuban eh? :ilol:

If you have a machine readable passport you don't need a VISA. You are OK for the Visa Waiver Program as a UK citizen. Check if you need a Visa for Bahamas.

How long are you going to stay in Bahamas and when are you next entering US? You have 90 days permit included in the Machine Readable Passport. If you have a normal Passport then yes you need to apply for a VISA, again a 90 days permit, normally.

Probably there is a misunderstanding somewhere. I'm pretty sure you don't need to apply for a VISA, not to the US at least.

fanx for the info gringo :lol:

after u posted this I had a bit of a read of the interweb, the terms were a bit unclear in the US Embassy website. Good to know I don't need one tho, that would have beena real hassle :Smile3:

Also don't need one for the bahamas, so tropics here we, well I come :lol:

rock on dude :Wink3:

Cool:Wink3:

just in case thou get a definitive clear from the embassy.

Have a great time and loads of rum, savy!

Back