More New Member Types

FYLDJSleep

Junior Members
Reaction score
Hi guys, i'm 22 from London and I'm so happy I found this place. I managed to get to a few parties recently (harmonic Concordance, Astro-Cafe, New-years @ leabridge) Anyone else go to these?....Also Monkey-Do has some cool mixes on His/her site, nice one who-eve r you are. :shrooms: :baa:

wicked-- glad u found us

welcome home

those were cool parties weren't they.......

Hey another metal-head joining the fun!!
:welcome:

Love me Kyuss as well! :smoke:

Woo so many cool people.
Good to hear from more Kyuss fans. Gotta keep stoner rock alive in the stoner community. "YOU'VE BEEN BURNED BY MY LIGHTAAA". :speaker:

Didnt Harmonic Concordance Have the best dancefloor, Turntables at the alter and shit. Had my nicest trip yet in that place.

Hey, does anyone Drum, bongo etc. We need a bigger drum presence at raves (depending on space and noise levels and that).

Keep it mello like jello,
Peace (and a tiny bit of grease) :crazy:

:welcome: :wizard1: :welcome: Mate

:peace:

Are you going to any festivals this summer?

Take care.

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (FYLDJSleep @ Feb 2 2004, 03:17 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> Good to hear from more Kyuss fans. Gotta keep stoner rock alive in the stoner community. "YOU'VE BEEN BURNED BY MY LIGHTAAA". :speaker:

[/quote:2e7039bfbe]
:punk: Yeah!! :punk:

Monster Magnet bring their new album out soon as well! :speaker:
(even though Broken left me tad dissapointed... :ph34r: )

But this man's stoner heart hasn't stopped throbbing! :Grin:

I've only heard 'god says no' by monster magnet which wern't too bad, i'd like to hear sum of their new stuff though.

Love anyone Electric Wizard????? :wizard1:

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (FYLDJSleep @ Feb 2 2004, 03:17 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Hey, does anyone Drum, bongo etc. We need a bigger drum presence at raves (depending on space and noise levels and that).
[/quote:1c99cac65f]
i never leave home without my jembe :Smile3:

come to symbosis and the tribal rthyms will pass thru many dimemsions :Wink3:

oh....and a great big welcome to ya amigo :peace:

Mike is f*cking brilliant.... and one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet.

I promise you, and everybody will love it, and have a top night.

My the way... Mikes brother does too. So if Mikes not available, contact psy-monsta.

I love it, and it works so well with the dancing masses. They just know when to get them going.

Mike & bro...... Your f**k**g brilliant

:Wink3:

me

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (FYLDJSleep @ Feb 5 2004, 06:01 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>I've only heard 'god says no' by monster magnet which wern't too bad, i'd like to hear sum of their new stuff though.

Love anyone Electric Wizard????? :wizard1:[/quote:5f684eca70]
(he-he; here I am again... :rolleyes: )

:speaker: Electric Wiz are Godzzzzzz!! :speaker:

BTW,they are releasing a new album soon with a new and high prolific line up, while the ex members formed Ramesses and got a split with Negative Reaction.

http://www.stonerrock.com/store/info.asp?i...rue&cartstatus=

Monster Magnet's first 3 acid drenched albums are absolutely essential! :punk:

How about Sleep?And church of misery?

Fuck it, I could go on for ever... :Smile3:

Might feel like checking this one out:

http://www.psy-trance.co.uk/psyforum2003/i...?showtopic=2340

Nice one mate! :Wink3:

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (PsyMike @ Feb 6 2004, 12:37 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>come to symbosis and the tribal rthyms will pass thru many dimemsions :Wink3:

[/quote:1f9b726aeb]
If all goes well i'll be there, i just need to find a suitable bag for my drum then i'll be fully portable and weatherproof :Smile3: Cheers for the welcomes,
:P I LUV U ALL :P

oooh yey another astro-cafe person!!

it was so fun!! how long did u stay till? everything was happy and pretty and mostly foreign which was really nice, european hippy atmosphere and all that.

so what i meant to say was.............velcome¬! :shrooms: :party2:

Yeah Astro-cafe was great (excepting, of course the exploded toilet) I was there from 11:00 on the Saturday to about 9:00 sunday am. You're right about the euro vibe, it was very similar to a rave I went to in October at the AMP in Amsterdam, ultra dedicated dancers and a luvlie vibe.

JoJo, is that Artwork yours? Is ver ver nice! :lol:

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Ozric @ Feb 6 2004, 09:44 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> :speaker: Electric Wiz are Godzzzzzz!! :speaker:

BTW,they are releasing a new album soon with a new and high prolific line up, while the ex members formed Ramesses and got a split with Negative Reaction.

Monster Magnet's first 3 acid drenched albums are absolutely essential! :punk:

How about Sleep?And church of misery?

[/quote:95bfe1288b]
Hey Ozric Dude!!!!!!!

I'll Have to Check the new Wizard out!!! Whats their new line-up? Is Justin Greaves their drummer now? :o

Those old Monster mags are deffo in my must hear list, I've forgotten what they used to be called tho :no:

I F##ing LOVE SLEEP!!!! I named myself after them ( DJ Sleep), Have u heard High On Fire? Matt Pikes playings got even better! :punk:

Not yet heard Church, but another good Japanese Doom Band Is BORIS..... ONE song lasting 65 mins!!!!! They sound a bit like Sunno)) :crazy:

I'll check those links asap,
Keep Stonin'a'roamin!!

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (FYLDJSleep @ Feb 6 2004, 05:35 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Hey Ozric Dude!!!!!!!

I'll Have to Check the new Wizard out!!! Whats their new line-up? Is Justin Greaves their drummer now? :o

Those old Monster mags are deffo in my must hear list, I've forgotten what they used to be called tho :no:

I F##ing LOVE SLEEP!!!! I named myself after them ( DJ Sleep), Have u heard High On Fire? Matt Pikes playings got even better! :punk:

Not yet heard Church, but another good Japanese Doom Band Is BORIS..... ONE song lasting 65 mins!!!!! They sound a bit like Sunno)) :crazy:

I'll check those links asap,
Keep Stonin'a'roamin!![/quote:8b905567a2]
Ha-ha, always nice to find kindred souls out there! :lol1:

Seen Boris live last year; way amazed and good/modest people as well! Still waiting for High on Fire to see live; missed last year tour with Mastodon as they didn't come around my town and couldn't make the trip down to Leeds (closest destination!)

Man, you do have a good taste in music! :lol1: :Wink3:

From what I can gather from mags and all; new Electric Wiz album is to be released very soon with Justin Greaves still beating his skins (yes yes :speaker: ) and Liz Buckingham on guitar duties. She's the lass from 13 & Sourveign with releases on Southern Lord; so you can rest assured there! :Smile3:
Production is handled by, yeap yeap, surprise surprise,Billy Anderson!
Something to look forwards yeap?! :Wink3:

Monster Magnet: Spine of God, Superjudge & Dopes to Infinity; there you are!Ehm, buy em now?! :smoke:

Haven't really made the association with your name before; ha ha, brilliant! :punk:

LoL

Hello Again, Ozric
I just saw your Metal Top Ten :punk: Those are some quality bands man!
CATHEDRAL!!!!!! :punk: :punk: :punk:
"BEHOLD THE GOAT OF MENDES!!!!!!!" :lolsign:
Isis are brilliant too :Wink3:

That Boris gig must have been quality, Who did they play with? :unsure:

I managed to get to the High on Fire/Mastadon Gig, BAAAAAAA!!!!!!! :punk: :smoke: Twas Intense
They played with a cool band called Blood Island Raiders I'd never heard of before. All were amazing :lol1:

Waa! Can't wait 4 the Wizard :wizard1: Sourvein were decent and the new Line-up sounds cool (i'm just imagining the combo) again, cant wait.

Rameses looks promising also, another trip to the bank me-thinks :Smile3:
Cheers for the Monster Mag info, all this Doom Talks made me dig out the Eyehategod and Grief

Doom tastes good when served up with a healthy portion of sludge :crazy:
:speaker:

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (FYLDJSleep @ Feb 7 2004, 05:36 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> I managed to get to the High on Fire/Mastadon Gig, BAAAAAAA!!!!!!! :punk: :smoke: Twas Intense
They played with a cool band called Blood Island Raiders I'd never heard of before. All were amazing :lol1:

[/quote:569cd223eb]
Bastard!!

:lol: :lol:

I just got the other week Turbulent Times from Grief; any other suggestions there?

Boris were playing with some local band of no much importance am affraid!
They were absolutely brilliant and got this silver CD (megatone) with some merzbow madness inside; gig must have been the cheapest one I 've ever been to : 5 pounds! :sonne:

I love trad doom as well; St Vitus and all but can't resist the sludge!!

Funny thing; just yesterday I succumbed to sleep after spinning Iron Monkey-->Grief--->SUNO))

And I slept for 12 h only!!

Does that speak volumes or what?! :lol1:

Bring on the gravity!! :speaker:

Afternoon All, I've been missing a couple weeks, but now i'm back (and so's the forum by the looks of things, running very smoothly too I might add)

Anyways back to tha DOOM :speaker:
Hey Ozric , How ya beans?
I've only heard Turbulent Times myself, great it is, I need to Download sum old stuff o' theirs.

St Vitus are cool, luv the lyrics.
I almost bought a Spirit Caravan Album the other day (but bought weed instead) Are they any good?

Iron Monkey>Greif >|SUn0)) damn that would send me crackers. :blink:
We tried something like that last summer of all times with Bongzilla> Electric Wizard>Sunn)) After some salvia with the curtains shut in the middle of the day (NEVER AGAIN) :Grin:

Back