morningpsy

seuss Jul 20, 2004

1. seuss

seuss Junior Members

Threads:
    :Grin:

new track, any & all advice / comments most welcome!

it's soft but tough in parts... i've only really posted quite light stuff here, i best get my act together & get some full-on stuff done :Smile3:

it's called 'intel'

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/5/seussmusic.htm

thanks!!!

2. TomStoned

TomStoned Junior Members

Threads:
    I like that kind of music. That's what I prefer for dj-ing. It remembers me a bit on Human Blue. Lots of space between the sounds. Great work. I will give it a hot on Soundclick.
    Tom

3. Drat Mafia

Drat Mafia Total Member

Threads:
    needs more low end....... prog needs incredible bass, and the kick and bass dont really come through........compare this mix to a Freq track and you'll see what i mean. I'm only saying this cos the rest is fucking great, sort the bass, make new noises for the kick and bass and it'll be WICKED. Love the rest of the sounds, real clean and well mixed :Smile3:

Nice one :Smile3:

4. seuss

seuss Junior Members

Threads:
    thanks!

yeah i realised as soon as i listened to the uploaded version on a big system that the bass noises (inc. kicks) didn't have enough 'presence' in the final mix...

i wasn't sure what to do about it; it sounded a bit like over-compression was taking the heart out of the bass sounds, so i tried lowering the threshold/ratio for the overall compressor i'm using (endorpin), and increasing the volume of the kick / bass sounds slightly... now i'm worried i've gone in the wrong direction, lol :Grin:

do you have any recommendations for giving the kicks & bass more oomph, other than playing around with compression settings? i'm interested because the final EQing is for me usually the most difficult part of track construction, usually because i only have access to a proper soundsystem once a month now!

5. marc_and_jason

marc_and_jason Junior Members

Threads:
    Excellent track!What did U use for the production?

6. seuss

seuss Junior Members

Threads:
    marc and jason -

i'm using Fruityloops Studio at the moment, with more plugins than my machine can realistically handle :Wink3:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice