multiple outputs in logic 5.5

lil'wizard

...full spectrum magic
yeah yeah me too..!

never figured out how to do this.

anyone know how?

Someone told me you can't do it a while ago so I gave up trying...

jamez_23

Blah
wheres makdaddy? ..... he knows how to do it ...... :iyes:

I'll pm him a link to this thread ....

M

makdaddy

Ross...Dude, i can do this! used to have Kontact setup like this all the time so battery shouldnt be too much of a chellenge hehe, but you'll have to be patient ma man as i will need to be infront of Logic to get it right.

im free this evening, so can sort this after 8pm :Smile3:

M

makdaddy

yeah, ~j~ has it right with the selecting battery as a multi and duplicating your Aux objects in the environment and setting them as muliple i/o's of the battery.

now the bit i have never managed to master is getting each part to respond to seperate midi channels, i was always restricted to asigning an octave or so to each part

u get me ?

psyfi

Pie Fly
Cool I got it to work with the ESX24 but battery doesn’t show up in my multi-channel list. It did show up briefly after a reinstall but then dispersed. Reinstalled again and set up the stand alone it sit doesn’t show up any more. Pooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. Anyone know what I've got to do to get the DX version up again?

Continuum

Throb Farmer
I remember faffing about in logic, trying to get this sorted. My answer (unhelpfully) was to bin logic, and try cubase sx where this all just happens automatically.

:Smile3:

sorry. Not helping :Sad:

psyfi

Pie Fly
Wierdness report.....Battery has reapperd in the tune I still had open useing the ESX24. could be that opening up the ESX24 jigged it in to life. don't know but I've got it going now so it is possible even if a bit random.

lil'wizard

...full spectrum magic
makdaddy said:
yeah, ~j~ has it right with the selecting battery as a multi and duplicating your Aux objects in the environment and setting them as muliple i/o's of the battery.

now the bit i have never managed to master is getting each part to respond to seperate midi channels, i was always restricted to asigning an octave or so to each part

u get me ?

hey makdaddy...

open your MIDI environment, make a new multi instrument and an audio inst (this should be the one you have the multi virtual inst on of course...) turn the port on the multi instrument to 'off' so it's not communicating via any interfaces etc & connect directly to the audio instrument. Now you use this 'virtual' MIDI multi to trigger the diff channels of the virtual inst...

U get ME?

:ismile:

jamez_23

Blah
^^^^^^^^^^^^

That was it ..... I always give up when presented with the Midi environment screen in logic (the one with the virtual keyboard and all of the virtual wires)

So - I just get makdaddy to do it coz he's good like that ..... :iyes:

lil'wizard

...full spectrum magic
hehe.. yeah it's a bit confusing, but actually quite LOGICal.

only deal with it when I have to & the virus Ti has forced me to learn a LOT more about this...

Abstraction

happy juice
thankies, that one really stumped me :ibiggrin:

Continuum said:
I remember faffing about in logic, trying to get this sorted. My answer (unhelpfully) was to bin logic, and try cubase sx where this all just happens automatically.

:Smile3:

sorry. Not helping :Sad:

hehe yeah i normally use sx2 but i want to be able to use logic as well so gotta learn :irolleyes