Muon tau pro evelopy thing

OPTOBOT

OPTOBOT
Messages
928
Reaction score
9
After months of twiddly i think i have come up with a bass sound which is not that proffessional but equally shows my level production.

At a standard 140 with an even more standard k-bb k-bb the second bass sound wasn't the same as the first, the tau vst didn't seem to be cathcing up with the speed of the tune so the first was bass and the second just had a chk of treble

So i have had to resort to either having multiple pros or sampling the notes i want to keep, so the envelope of the sound stays correct.

Anybody else had this problem?

Although not so much as a problem but a workaround,

Pete
 

JPsychodelicacy

Studio Elf
Messages
9,075
Reaction score
302
Location
London SE19
Tau Pro has a very long amp envelope release, and because it's a 303 emulator first and foremost it's irritatingly un-changeable. Try shortening the length of the notes.

J.
 

OPTOBOT

OPTOBOT
Messages
928
Reaction score
9
nah, there bloody short as it is, something actually in the design of it, like the processing has quite caught up with the notes being played.
 

OPTOBOT

OPTOBOT
Messages
928
Reaction score
9
well an eq and compressor,

Just really wanted to know if othe people sampled single notes.

Ages ago i wanted the quirky sound of a synth, i almost like the little bits that they add when really it is the synth ,aking a mistake,

but at the mo i think its samples all the way
 

JPsychodelicacy

Studio Elf
Messages
9,075
Reaction score
302
Location
London SE19
If you're using VSTDynamics, it puts a slight delay on the track, as it was designed to be a Master FX plugin (and because Steinbug can suck really hard sometimes).

J.
 

Faction

Proto-col
Messages
21,787
Reaction score
973
Location
Bristol
JPsychodelicacy said:
If you're using VSTDynamics, it puts a slight delay on the track, as it was designed to be a Master FX plugin (and because Steinbug can suck really hard sometimes).

J.

I believe this has now been fixed with the addition of delay compensation on SX; at least, I no longer have this problem. CleanComp works properly now too, which is nice.
 

Speakafreaka

Champagne Rouletter
Messages
9,058
Reaction score
336
Location
Fell asleep on Beula's porch
It could be that the release settings on the compressor are causing the attasck of the next note to get squashed too.

Do you still get the problem when you turn the compressor off?
 

JPsychodelicacy

Studio Elf
Messages
9,075
Reaction score
302
Location
London SE19
Colin OOOD said:
I believe this has now been fixed with the addition of delay compensation on SX; at least, I no longer have this problem. CleanComp works properly now too, which is nice.

Interestingly they have a new version, called simply 'Dynamics' which has the issue removed, and have kept the old one (called 'VSTDynamics') which preserves the bug. All I can think is that it's for backwards compatibility.

J.
 

BeatNik

DJohn Mustard Project
Messages
5,723
Reaction score
245
Location
London
Are you using the Tau Pro - or just the Original Tau?
I tend find that the original Muon Tau sounds better and is easier to use for 'full on' basses... try doing 1/64ths in the sequencer instead of 32nds or 16ths... Abit of glide for groovier basslines... then bounce it down to an audio track, add a C4 (or mulitband compressor of your choice), modify the envelopes abit and bob's yer uncle hehe :Smile3:
 

JPsychodelicacy

Studio Elf
Messages
9,075
Reaction score
302
Location
London SE19
BeatNik said:
Are you using the Tau Pro - or just the Original Tau?
I tend find that the original Muon Tau sounds better and is easier to use for 'full on' basses... try doing 1/64ths in the sequencer instead of 32nds or 16ths... Abit of glide for groovier basslines... then bounce it down to an audio track, add a C4 (or mulitband compressor of your choice), modify the envelopes abit and bob's yer uncle hehe :Smile3:

I can A/B the Tau and the Pro and find no discernible difference in perceived audio 'quality'. My main problem with the original Tau is the lack of MIDI automation, which is fine if you're using it for the bog-standard 'wunga-wunga', but a pain in the arse if you want to use it for screaming acid lines (which I find it far better at. :Wink3: ).

Tau Pro for bass gives a lovely grungey tone - nice if you're after a non-identikit trance sound. :Smile3:

J.
 

OPTOBOT

OPTOBOT
Messages
928
Reaction score
9
Im using the tau pro,

Its deffinatly not the size of the midid notes, there on 1/64 at the mo.

I think speakafreaka got it right in it being the compressor being set wrong, although i haven't checked that though :Wink3:
 

BeatNik

DJohn Mustard Project
Messages
5,723
Reaction score
245
Location
London
yeah, that's probably right then...

Compression is a tricky bitch! :Wink3:

Also, was thinking more of the out-of-the-box full on basslines, not the more acidy original basslines hehe... *embarassed*
 
Top