• I think they've already got enough money

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • I couldn't care less

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters

antic

Junior Members
Reaction score
I did not voted, because I think you missed one of the answers and I whink it is a very common one among psytrance people (at least I heard it voiced many times):

"I download new stuff, and buy the music I liked (and delete the others)"

At least that's what I do :Smile3:

...Come to think about it, there should be another option too:

"I download all israeli full-on / morning music, but it's not even worth playing it twice, so it's ok"

:Wink3:

O

Ott^

Its a discussion thats been had ad nauseum.

I think you'll find that anyone involved in making or selling music will think that never contibuting for what you listen to makes you a bit of a parasite and is a bad idea.

Most people who aren't involved in making or selling music will either;

A. Not give a shit,

B. Say stuff like "I think Kazaa is good promotion for artists..." or

C. Say that they download it to see what its like and then go and buy it.

Some people will try to convince you that "All art should be free..." and that anyone who complains about people taking their life's work for nothing "is a nasty, capitalist, bread-head fascist."

Some will make the point about sound quality of mp3's being shit, and preferring to have a CD with booklet and artwork.

At least one person will say that releasing on vinyl is the best way to stop piracy.

Somebody will point out that its not easy to buy records in Sierra Leone or Albania and that the only connection to the scene available in these countries is via p2p networks.

There will be at least one post in broken English that says;

"AHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!! ALL YOU POOR ARTIST IS NEEDING THE MONEY FOR YOR FERRARI AND COKAINE!!!!!!!!! - IS PITY I FEEL MOST SORRY FOR YOU AAAHHHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!! I DOWNLOD ALL YOUR TUNE AND NOTHING YOU CAN DO TO IT AAAAHHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!"

My own view is that trying to convince people to pay for something that can be had for free is pretty futile, but maybe when a few more labels have gone bust and the quality music starts to dry up, people will start to realise that - in the words of a mate of mine who runs a label - "You can't keep milking the cow if you're not going to feed it."

Pocket Fluff

Reaction score
Can't really add much to what Ott has already said but the way I see it, I owe it to the musician to buy their music. I spend around 40-50 quid a week on music and I'm constantly trying to convince people to contribute to the scene but as said above, people who aren't musicians themselves are not as bothered about music piracy.

shpiral

outside
Reaction score
Mp3's AGAIN. . ! Yes, I think Ott, you said it all!! To Psilocybo - I am not an artist myself, but I sure am bothered about people not paying for their music. It just isn't right is it !!!! I spend around £50 per month on cd's and have downloaded a few paid for tracks from sites such as musicdock etc.. I feel it is very important to support your favourite artists, that unfed cow may shrivel up one day otherwise ...
For someone like myself, sites like Soulseek are a really great way of sifting through the crap and getting a chance to listen to higher quality full length files.
I've seen that Saikosounds are about to launch a new MP3 download site, with lossless FLAC files available for CD perfect quality sound, so maybe the days of CD buying are numbered anyway... I think the psy music labels should really consider this as a means of distributing their music, we are in the age of digital media and I think this is the way forward. I'm not that bothered about artwork on cd sleeves, I want high quality kick arse music - and I'm happy to pay for it. :Smile3:

Jon Kenobi

So uncivilised
Reaction score
Lots of shit music out there.............smatterings of good stuff...........smatterings of really quality stuff.......its a shame sometimes that I have to line the pockets of crap artists to get the one good/quality track on a comp or whatever but I still do it! You can add that to your "at least one person" list Ott^ :Wink3:

Red five

jah mangled spanner
Reaction score
i'll occasionally get a copied cd (promo or whatever) but 90% of the time i'll buy the cd anyway cos i like to have decent quality and artwork etc....

but i do copy lots of my cd's to my hardrive incase i lose the original or it gets scratchedx (blumenkraft/ synthetic cd's are the case here)

but i likes to make sure those poor starving artists types get a good meal.

Full Lotus

Hob Nob King
Staff member
Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Red five said:
i'll occasionally get a copied cd (promo or whatever) but 90% of the time i'll buy the cd anyway cos i like to have decent quality and artwork etc....

but i do copy lots of my cd's to my hardrive incase i lose the original or it gets scratchedx (blumenkraft/ synthetic cd's are the case here)

but i likes to make sure those poor starving artists types get a good meal.

Zigzackly :Wink3: