Music Mag DVD with Pendulum

BeatNik

DJohn Mustard Project
Reaction score
Hello!

I've heard that there was a DVD once on one of these computer music mags (not sure which one, maybe music tech) in which pendulum run through how Masochist was made...
Now, I'm incredibly interested in finding this because of one sound which I absolutely love and want to see how they work...

If any one knows of/ has this DVD (and could maybe even rip it) I'd be eternally thankful :iyes:!

Many thanks,
Nik

evilwill

definitely
Reaction score
i've got this, it's computer music 95 - jan06... the article about how to sound like pendulum is in the magazine, there's some samples on the disk which are quite cool but the main stuff is in the article. no mention of masochist either (which is shame cos that tune is proper havin it!).

its mainly about production tips and the like, pretty cool though i haven't really tried them out... i'd scan it in for you but don't have a scanner in my house unfortunately...

soliptic

whirling mathematician
Reaction score
nah thats not it, it was future music, later on in '05 (aug/sept ish i think) and the bulk of the content was in a video interview on the DVD where it did indeed run thru masochist specifically.

(fwiw, i havent got it... i dont want to sound like pendulum :Smile3: )

evilwill

definitely
Reaction score
ah, interesting... would quite like to see that dvd then! masochist has some absurdly good bass noises in it.

i wouldn't mind sounding like pendulum, in places, continuing my attempts to fuse dnb & breakbeat into psytrance :green:

BeatNik

DJohn Mustard Project
Reaction score
wicked... that's the one eh... Cheers for the replies guys :iyes:!

Gonna have a search around for it.. it's just one particular sound which i love hehe! and also the general tightness of the sound

(mind you they're wack egotistical DJ's - reloaded the intro to their set at fabric 4 times!)