Music that doesn't fit anywhere else...

RYKANSLOPE

Forum Member
Reaction score
Waited to give this a few listens.
Turns out that Arca deconstructing raggeaton is much more fun then when she tries to do the same thing with fado, I mean ok no surpirse there but.
Album is very good.

RYKANSLOPE

Forum Member
Reaction score
I am very grateful to Senni for the unveling the manipulation of one's emotions achieved through the whole build-up/break down mechanism of delayed gratification in dance music, not sure it does justify an entire discography though!? ( And, let's be honest, maybe that was achieved in the most bad ass way years ago by Aphex on the ridiculuous Metapharstic?). Anyway i like this one 🐸

Last edited:

floatyhippyflower

Free spirit, lost soul.
Reaction score
Oh wow, I had totally forgotten about that record. It's Natasha Kahn from Bat for Lashes, though I'll have to look up the collaborator as it escapes me now. Yeah man, that is a great track. Actually, I liked the whole thing. How you finding the series?

My nomination today this comp. I was going post it in techno, but here is probably more appropriate - it was compiled by an acquaintance and his wife, hence the big ups. They married earlier this year, then the country went into lockdown, so they started making daily videos of themselves in silly costumes jumping around to gabba/related as a sort of 'honeymoon' project to cheer up friends. Soon enough there was a public group for everyone to get involved, then they got all their mates to contribute tracks for a charity VA. I'm not part of the group, but some of their videos really cracked me up and both are dedicated local activists, which is how I met him originally (friend of friend). I'm not a gabba/hardcore fan, but that's definitely worth £6, though JRC is featured and I like some of his techno stuff, a few of the others are worth having just for how much they made me laugh and there's a spoken word piece to close. If you're even slightly that way inclined, please consider supporting the project.

EDIT: Weird, I was trying to post the Black Lace mash-up under JRC, but for some reason the embeds aren't having a bar of it and keep showing a different tune! So yeah anyway, on the lols front, gabba Superman... :lol:

Last edited: