My first puplic release: Metamorphosis

TomStoned Jun 3, 2004

1. TomStoned

TomStoned Junior Members

Threads:
  2. Speakafreaka

Speakafreaka Champagne Rouletter

Threads:
    okay i checked out your track, which is much more chilled than I was expecting for some reason!

I like that off beat creaker thing you have got going on, and I definately like the somehow offbeat beat! I love the babadabaaabadaadababaaaaa organ.

I also like the wya lots of the patterns interlock, and always allow you time to explore the layers.

In fact - A very nice slab of chilledness!

3. TomStoned

TomStoned Junior Members

Threads:
    Thank you, Speakafreaka, for these constructive criticism. That's what I'm looking for. I guess your expectations are based on the fact that I'm spinning progressive records. That's just one face I own but I have more :Wink3: Be assured, the next track will be completely different.

4. TomStoned

TomStoned Junior Members

Threads:
    Has anybody else heard this track?

:no:

It is a pity...

5. saxopholus

saxopholus Junior Members

Threads:
    Not sure about that off-beat sound that comes in at 1.00 min like a frog's croak (sorry not sure how else to describe it :Smile3: )- a bit off-putting to me. I think that rhythmic element is important to the feel of the tune, but maybe a different sound might be better since it crosses a similar freq range to the pads and blocks them a little.

For me the snare was too quiet, esp before 3.00 mins. If louder I feel it would push it along more. I also think that if you were to play it live it is important to have the drums more upfront for the same reason. Maybe a case of just cutting the frequencies of the snares from the pads they play against (about 1-2khz with a high q), rather than any level changes if you haven't done that already.

Aside from that it seems cool, good work,

Sax.

6. TomStoned

TomStoned Junior Members

Threads:
    Hi Sax,
    thank you for your feedback. I will try your suggestions but I'm not sure if I can. The major problem is: I do not own any good monitor to listen to. I have to mix and master all my stuff using my stereo. The speakers are standing 4 meters behind me so many freqs are lost because of the hardware setup and the position of the speakers. I know, that setup is shit but no chance to change at the moment. The second problem is: the analog audio output of my soundcard is broken, so I'm using only the onboard soundcard of my mainbord...

But let's see, what I can do. Thnx, Tom

7. saxopholus

Threads:
    aha! know the situation, only got my monitors a while back and was using stereo speakers before - v tricky! the difference decent monitors can make is substantial. not to worry tho, keep at it :Smile3:

Sax James.

p.s. btw just out of interest what sequencer are u using?

8. TomStoned

TomStoned Junior Members

Threads:
    Don't blame me: Because of the breakdown of my soundcard I'm just working with ACID only. The latency time of my current soundcard is to high. So I have to use audio loops only.
    I bought a new computer, then a new soundcard (RME Hammerfall). That was very expensive for me. Next I have to buy a new audio breakout (DIGIFace) and all the (virtual) synthz will come back to life and then the monitors. But my father wasn't named Onassis ;-) so it will take a while.
    Thnx again for your constructive feedback.

Cheers,
    Tom

9. saxopholus

Threads:
    not kidding! a very good piece of kit on all accounts.

10. TomStoned

TomStoned Junior Members

Threads:
    That's why I choosed it :Smile3:
    Tom

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice