Top 10 my top ten june 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

fullonlife

Junior Members
Reaction score
hello people

i Just came back from india .
i am please to see so many nice tracks coming out for the summer time .

1 zen_mechanics_-_orbital_candy va_-_states_of_awareness-2005

2 genetic_spin_and_silicon_sound _love_sound_devotion-2005 full on melodic

3-z_man_-_in_da_mix-mycel va_-_states_of_awareness-2005 full groovy

4_mekkanikka_-_bienvenido_al_futuro-jim va_-_trancers_guide_to_the_galaxy-2cd-2005

5 polaris_-_baculejo-mycel _love_sound_devotion-2005

6 -tristan_and_pogo_-_smoke_the_unicorn-mycel interphase 2005

7-protoculture_-_dawn_razor-mycel interphase 2005

8-wrecked_machines_-_rubberneck-mycel _-_second_thought-2005

9-wrecked_machines_vs_panick_-_spotless_mind _-_second_thought-2005-mycel

10-ultravoice_-_log_on-mycel interphase 2005

Lucid Dragon

Junior Members
Reaction score
:o :excessiv:
lurk said:
lol he even left the mycel in it, just so show us he knows how to use soulseek. bless.

Full Lotus

Hob Nob King
Staff member
Reaction score
And don't even think about giving any excuses for downloading, because there are none.

Jon Kenobi

So uncivilised
Reaction score
lurk said:
lol he even left the mycel in it, just so show us he knows how to use soulseek. bless.
I wouldnt have known unless you had mentioned that.....what is mycel?????? I'm a bit thick ya see

Jon Kenobi

So uncivilised
Reaction score
cheers Damion.....fraid I'm not up on all this mp3 ripping swopping ftp soulseek shenanigans........godI'm just 'so' not trance am I :Wink3:

tripswitch

circuit breaker
Reaction score
damion said:
russia-based MP3 ripping group who valiantly "release" all the music onto FTP sites, with the help of several medium-name DJs who get sent promo copies and/or have access to unrelased tracks
psyCZ are another one ... very prolific. I'm guessing they're Czech ...

It's a sorry state of affairs when you find your album being shared before it's even been released ... as an artist you have to expect to find it mp3'd sooner or later, but what really twists your nipples is the fact that some fuckwit dj somewhere has established enough trust to be sent a promo by your label/distribution company only to shit on you for a bit of p2p kudos.

I've even had texts and calls from friends excitedly telling me they're downloading my album from limewire and expecting me to be pleased about it (!!!????!!!) ... I don't care how you try and justify it, when you've worked for 2 years on something and receive a pitance of an advance, you completely rely on royalties to make the venture worthwhile. No wonder so many artists have gone back to their day jobs ...

Jon Kenobi

So uncivilised
Reaction score
tripswitch said:
but what really twists your nipples is the fact that some fuckwit dj somewhere has established enough trust to be sent a promo by your label/distribution company only to shit on you for a bit of p2p kudos. ...
Totally agree with ya Nick. Its so annoying to think that someone trusts someone enuff to give them something in complete confidence for them to then go and share it with others.........a trustworthy DJ who shares the music with the dancefloor/chill room is 'so' much more of a good person and it is a fantastic productive way of promoting someones music......people remember tunes that moves them emotionally at a party and have the opportunity to ask the DJ what it is.......mr DJ can then inform them of what it is and when they can expect to find it released. The internet has become a valuable tool to the psytrance scene but ultimately its also the thing thats killing (bit of a strong word) it. Double edged sword this tinternet malarcky.......... been said a million times before I know and unfortunately the situation will never change. Big up to all the real honest good people out there who love the scene!

tripswitch

circuit breaker
Reaction score
Jon Kenobi said:
a trustworthy DJ who shares the music with the dancefloor/chill room is 'so' much more of a good person and it is a fantastic productive way of promoting someones music......
Absolutely! At the end of the day it's the promoters and DJs who control the scene - and I have no qualms whatsoever about the value of getting promos into the right hands. I've sent many copies of 'Circuit Breaker' out myself.

My downloading friends always come back at me with the argument that the fact it's being shared is a good thing from a promotional point of view and that the fact people are interested enough to download and share it should be encouraging and flattering. I admit there's an element of truth in that ... but the fact is the amount of conversions to CD sales from people 'trying before they buy' is undoubtedly pitifully small (I know for a fact that even my friends wouldn't buy one now they have the mp3s). The culprits often argue that 'I'm not rich, I can't afford to keep buying CDs ...' - well neither am I, and if you break the financial return from writing an album down to an hourly rate then it becomes apparent just what a labour of love it is.

I was a complete vinyl junkie back in the late 80s early 90s. Back then if I didn't have the cash, I didn't get the music, simple as that. Hence my addiction led to me selling practically everything I owned, even older records, to fund the habit. Ironically what broke the cycle for me was having every single record I owned (I think about 2500+) stolen in one fell swoop from a squat I was living in. My own stupid fault I know. But my point is that for me, the pull was the whole package, music and physical product, and so personally I still need to hold a CD or record in my hands to feel like I truly own it. The ease with which music can now be sought out and downloaded almost devalues the music itself.

I've resisted the urge to rant about this before (not least because doing so gives publicity to the ripping/sharing groups and makes people aware that it's out there and available to download) ... and we can probably safely assume that there'll be some people reading this thread who now have two more search terms to type into limewire etc if they want to find psy music). But the truth, as you say Jon, is that it ain't never gonna change and the damage has been done.

*deep breath* There ... rant over. I'll say no more on the subject :Wink3:

Status
Not open for further replies.