MySpace Is The Trojan Horse Of Internet Censorship

Ashleee

11:11
I deleted my account twice before I read this information, and now it seems alot more clear why I did...

http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles/march2006/160306myspace.htm

MySpace Is The Trojan Horse Of Internet Censorship
Media elite's last gasp effort to save crumbling empire

Paul Joseph Watson & Alex Jones/Prison Planet.com | March 16 2006

MySpace isn't cool, it isn't hip and it isn't trendy. It represents a cyber trojan horse and the media elite's last gasp effort to reclaim control of the Internet and sink it with a stranglehold of regulation, control and censorship.

Since Rupert Murdoch's $580 Million acquisition of MySpace in July 2005, it has come from total obscurity to now being the 8th most visited website in the world, receiving half as many page hits as Google, despite the fact that on first appearance it looks like a 5-year-old's picture scrap and scribble book.

MySpace is the new mobile phone. If you don't have a MySpace account then you belong to some kind of culturally shunned underclass.

What most of the trendy wendy's remain blissfully unaware of is the fact that MySpace is Rupert Murdoch's battle axe for shaping a future Internet environment whereby electronic dissent, whether it be against corporations or government, will not tolerated and freedom of e-speech will cease to exist.

MySpace has been caught shutting down blogs critical of itself and other Murdoch owned companies. They even had the audacity to censor links to completely different websites when clicking through for MySpace. When 600 MySpace users complained, MySpace deleted the blog forum that the complaints were posted on. Taking their inspiration from Communist China, MySpace regularly uses blanket censorship to block out words like 'God'.

Earlier this week Rupert Murdoch sounded the death knell for conventional forms of media in stating that the media elite were losing their monopoly to the rapid and free spread of new communication technologies. Murdoch stressed the need to regain control of these outlets in order to prevent the establishment media empire from crumbling.

MySpace is Rupert Murdoch's trojan horse for destroying free speech on the Internet. It is a foundational keystone of the first wave of the state's backlash to the damage that a free and open Internet has done to their organs of propaganda. By firstly making it cool, trendy and culturally elite for millions to flock to establishment controlled Internet backbones like MySpace, Murdoch is preparing the groundwork for the day when it will stop being voluntary and become mandatory to use government and corporate monopoly controlled Internet hubs.

The end game is a system similar to or worse than China, whereby no websites even mildly critical of the government will be authorized.

The Pentagon admitted that they would engage in psychological warfare and cyber attacks on 'enemy' Internet websites in an attempt to shut them down. The fact that the NSA surveillance program spied on 5,000 Americans tells us that the enemy is the alternative media and that it will be targeted for elimination. Google has been ordered to turn over information about its users by a judge to the US government.

The second wave of destroying freedom of speech online will simply attempt to price people out of using the conventional Internet and force people over to Internet 2, a state regulated hub where permission will need to be obtained directly from an FCC or government bureau to set up a website.

The original Internet will then be turned into a mass surveillance database and marketing tool. The Nation magazine reported, "Verizon, Comcast, Bell South and other communications giants are developing strategies that would track and store information on our every move in cyberspace in a vast data-collection and marketing system, the scope of which could rival the National Security Agency. According to white papers now being circulated in the cable, telephone and telecommunications industries, those with the deepest pockets--corporations, special-interest groups and major advertisers--would get preferred treatment. Content from these providers would have first priority on our computer and television screens, while information seen as undesirable, such as peer-to-peer communications, could be relegated to a slow lane or simply shut out."

The original Internet will deliberately be subject to crash upon crash until it becomes a useless carcass of overpriced trash and its reputation will be defiled by the TV and media barons cashing in on the perfectly streamlined Internet 2, the free for all network that just requires you to thumbscan in order to log on! Those with a security grading below yellow on their national ID card will unfortunately be refused access. Websites that carry hate speech (ones that talk about government corruption) will be censored for the betterment of society.

For the aspiring dictator, the Internet is a dangerous tool that has been seized by the enemy. We have come a long way since 1969, when the ARPANET was created solely for US government use. The Internet is freedom's best friend and the bane of control freaks. Its eradication is one of the short term goals of those that seek to centralize power and subjugate the world under a global surveillance panopticon prison.

Rupert Murdoch's MySpace and its ceaseless promotion by the establishment media as the best thing since sliced bread is part of this movement. In saying all this we do encourage everyone to set up a MySpace account, but only if you're going to use it to bash MySpace, Rupert Murdoch and copy and paste this article right at the top of the page! See how long it is before your account is terminated.


Can MySpace Save President Bush - http://viralvideoutoob.blogspot.com/2006/04/can-myspace-save-president-bush.htmlhttp://current.tv/pods/supernews/PD03297
 

ozdave

Phased and misused.
I guess it has a role for communication and is especially good for bands etc who can't afford/be bothered with a proper web page. Really it is just lots of sad little people sharing their sad little lives.
 
my spazz moderator...this post will self destruct in 5..4..3..2..MI3 sucks.
 

ozdave

Phased and misused.
makdaddy said:
nothing like psyforum then :ilol:

Well this forum is at least about discussion of issues as well, rather than just having a pink and fluffy page, saying that you love faeries and collecting lots of virtual friends, strictly teenage stuff I reckon.
 
T

Tranced

Guest
Ashleee said:
MySpace is Rupert Murdoch's trojan horse for destroying free speech on the Internet. It is a foundational keystone of the first wave of the state's backlash to the damage that a free and open Internet has done to their organs of propaganda. By firstly making it cool, trendy and culturally elite for millions to flock to establishment controlled Internet backbones like MySpace, Murdoch is preparing the groundwork for the day when it will stop being voluntary and become mandatory to use government and corporate monopoly controlled Internet hubs.

What a completely pointless and over the top article.

"The original Internet will then be turned into a mass surveillance database and marketing tool"

Yes and the American government is infact run by alien lizard people.
 

lala69

51% Sweetheart,49% Bitch
From the sounds of things in the US - their propaganda machine is doing quite well... As for surveillance on the net - it's being done already. Cops checking forums etc etc.

And I thought this forum WAS all about being fluffy and believing in faeries and collecting virtual friends... :P
 

Full Lotus

Hob Nob King
Staff member
Forum Supporter
lala69 said:
And I thought this forum WAS all about being fluffy and believing in faeries and collecting virtual friends... :P
I thought it was for people in the Uk into psy-trance :unsure:
 
D

dave arc-i

Guest
Tranced said:
Yes and the American government is infact run by alien lizard people.

planetfrog from the david icke forum on the other hand believes this is where off duty lizards hang out
 

Faction

Proto-col
Tranced said:
What a completely pointless and over the top article.

"The original Internet will then be turned into a mass surveillance database and marketing tool"

Yes and the American government is infact run by alien lizard people.

Pretty good desctiption of the internet at the moment, IMO - anyone who'se a member of sms.ac, or hi-5, or tribe.net should wonder at the potential 'alternative' uses for the relationship databases held by those websites. As for it being used as a mass-marketing tool, er, can you spell 'spam'?

Perhaps Tranced is right, and the American government is in fact run by alien lizard people.
 

Rhino Plasti

Sailing the Brixton Seas
ozdave said:
Well this forum is at least about discussion of issues as well, rather than just having a pink and fluffy page, saying that you love faeries and collecting lots of virtual friends, strictly teenage stuff I reckon.

Oh damn ? I thought it was for grumpy old men.


I'm not into the whole over control freak thing over the internet, although I do tend to think that each forum/site should have the right to rid themselves of any factor that may be destructive to itself.

Don't overlike MySpace. Its got a bad rep, and is full of shitheads. This is a mere generalisation, as there are some good aspects to it aswell.
 

natacha_

Junior Members
I've read a lot of stuff about myspace, and I believe the majority of it (sort of because I like believing in conspiracies), but I only use it for keeping touch with people I know, and out of my 170 or so friends I've met all but about 10, so whether it's full of "shitheads" as Rhino_Plasti says is of no interest to me.
I can read about things here that interest me which myspace would censor if I put up there - but myspace for me is just a way to keep in touch with people quickly.
I doubt that many myspak people talk about anything that challenging to the state anyway, most of them just talk about themselves, but I agree that the idea that they would want to get rid of anything that challenges the corporation ia awful,.. ofcourse. xo
 
T

Tranced

Guest
Colin OOOD said:
Pretty good desctiption of the internet at the moment, IMO - anyone who'se a member of sms.ac, or hi-5, or tribe.net should wonder at the potential 'alternative' uses for the relationship databases held by those websites. As for it being used as a mass-marketing tool, er, can you spell 'spam'?

Yeah I completely agree but to assume that myspace will be responsible for the internet turning into somekind of evil government weapon is absurd. That article was blatently written by people who believe in alien lizard people.

The only kind of takeover myspace has exhibited is that of dickhead indie fans wearing trilbies, ankle high jeans and oliver twist jumpers.
 

Faction

Proto-col
With this, as with so many other things, I think the question is not "Are you paranoid?", but "Are you paranoid enough?".

And no, I don't believe in lizard people... but I do believe in powerful cliques with the means, motive and opportunity to twist global infrastructure to their own ends in a manner that - quite coincidentally - allows them to escape or otherwise deny much of the criticism for their actions.
 
T

Tranced

Guest
Colin OOOD said:
And no, I don't believe in lizard people.

Did you write the article or something? I think you misunderstand me. I quoted you and agreed with you on a single point, then started banging on about the authors article and alien lizard people again.

Is it not a joke article?
 

V1m

Senior Member
Ashleee said:
I deleted my account twice before I read this information, and now it seems alot more clear why I did...

http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles/march2006/160306myspace.htm

MySpace Is The Trojan Horse Of Internet Censorship
Media elite's last gasp effort to save crumbling empire

Paul Joseph Watson & Alex Jones/Prison Planet.com | March 16 2006

MySpace isn't cool, it isn't hip and it isn't trendy. It represents a cyber trojan horse and the media elite's last gasp effort to reclaim control of the Internet and sink it with a stranglehold of regulation, control and censorship.

Since Rupert Murdoch's $580 Million acquisition of MySpace in July 2005, it has come from total obscurity to now being the 8th most visited website in the world, receiving half as many page hits as Google, despite the fact that on first appearance it looks like a 5-year-old's picture scrap and scribble book.

MySpace is the new mobile phone. If you don't have a MySpace account then you belong to some kind of culturally shunned underclass.

What most of the trendy wendy's remain blissfully unaware of is the fact that MySpace is Rupert Murdoch's battle axe for shaping a future Internet environment whereby electronic dissent, whether it be against corporations or government, will not tolerated and freedom of e-speech will cease to exist.

MySpace has been caught shutting down blogs critical of itself and other Murdoch owned companies. They even had the audacity to censor links to completely different websites when clicking through for MySpace. When 600 MySpace users complained, MySpace deleted the blog forum that the complaints were posted on. Taking their inspiration from Communist China, MySpace regularly uses blanket censorship to block out words like 'God'.

Earlier this week Rupert Murdoch sounded the death knell for conventional forms of media in stating that the media elite were losing their monopoly to the rapid and free spread of new communication technologies. Murdoch stressed the need to regain control of these outlets in order to prevent the establishment media empire from crumbling.

MySpace is Rupert Murdoch's trojan horse for destroying free speech on the Internet. It is a foundational keystone of the first wave of the state's backlash to the damage that a free and open Internet has done to their organs of propaganda. By firstly making it cool, trendy and culturally elite for millions to flock to establishment controlled Internet backbones like MySpace, Murdoch is preparing the groundwork for the day when it will stop being voluntary and become mandatory to use government and corporate monopoly controlled Internet hubs.

The end game is a system similar to or worse than China, whereby no websites even mildly critical of the government will be authorized.

The Pentagon admitted that they would engage in psychological warfare and cyber attacks on 'enemy' Internet websites in an attempt to shut them down. The fact that the NSA surveillance program spied on 5,000 Americans tells us that the enemy is the alternative media and that it will be targeted for elimination. Google has been ordered to turn over information about its users by a judge to the US government.

The second wave of destroying freedom of speech online will simply attempt to price people out of using the conventional Internet and force people over to Internet 2, a state regulated hub where permission will need to be obtained directly from an FCC or government bureau to set up a website.

The original Internet will then be turned into a mass surveillance database and marketing tool. The Nation magazine reported, "Verizon, Comcast, Bell South and other communications giants are developing strategies that would track and store information on our every move in cyberspace in a vast data-collection and marketing system, the scope of which could rival the National Security Agency. According to white papers now being circulated in the cable, telephone and telecommunications industries, those with the deepest pockets--corporations, special-interest groups and major advertisers--would get preferred treatment. Content from these providers would have first priority on our computer and television screens, while information seen as undesirable, such as peer-to-peer communications, could be relegated to a slow lane or simply shut out."

The original Internet will deliberately be subject to crash upon crash until it becomes a useless carcass of overpriced trash and its reputation will be defiled by the TV and media barons cashing in on the perfectly streamlined Internet 2, the free for all network that just requires you to thumbscan in order to log on! Those with a security grading below yellow on their national ID card will unfortunately be refused access. Websites that carry hate speech (ones that talk about government corruption) will be censored for the betterment of society.

For the aspiring dictator, the Internet is a dangerous tool that has been seized by the enemy. We have come a long way since 1969, when the ARPANET was created solely for US government use. The Internet is freedom's best friend and the bane of control freaks. Its eradication is one of the short term goals of those that seek to centralize power and subjugate the world under a global surveillance panopticon prison.

Rupert Murdoch's MySpace and its ceaseless promotion by the establishment media as the best thing since sliced bread is part of this movement. In saying all this we do encourage everyone to set up a MySpace account, but only if you're going to use it to bash MySpace, Rupert Murdoch and copy and paste this article right at the top of the page! See how long it is before your account is terminated.


Can MySpace Save President Bush - http://viralvideoutoob.blogspot.com/2006/04/can-myspace-save-president-bush.htmlhttp://current.tv/pods/supernews/PD03297


Wow, a media company that doesnt let you use it's resources to criticise it!!!111 OH NOE!! MEDIA ELITES R HATING!!!1

Where were you in 1999 when I and others were enganged in a running battle with DelphiForums over essentially the same issues?


And, mysteriously, the internet lived on.

Stuff like this myspace hysteria flares up every 12-15 months. It is a tale of sound and fury signifying nothing except the internet community's immune system keeping itself toned and active.
 
Top