DJ NANOOK

Given that a few people have asked me about old Jungle mixes, I bunged one up ...
Bit ropey in places but its really old.
Hope you enjoy.
(ps - Thats a picture of the old sound system too :Smile3:

A selection of Psychedelic Trance tunes, mixed together for Winter 2013.
A blend of uplifting, melodic and full-on dance floor bangers at 144-bpm.
I hope you enjoy dancing to them, as much as I enjoyed recording!
CN x

Just updated the only mix archive...
A selection of full power, dark psychedelic trance, mixed in around 2005 (I think) ...Inspired by the free parties I was playing a lot of at that time.
I'm afraid both the exact date and track-listing of this one have been lost, but I hope you enjoy!
CN x

ps - Website has been updated too! - www.chrisnanook.webs.com

I just stumbled across a mix that was recorded by a German Psy DJ called Ninjai.
It's got one of my tunes from a year or two back, some Tetrameth, some Minimal Criminal and some other goodies in.
The tune featured has already had a few remixes of it done actually, which will be released mid-2014.
More news of that in the new year :Smile3:

In the mean time, check out the full mix :Smile3:

http://www.mixcloud.com/DjDan/psychoactive-judgement-ii-mixed-by-dj-ninjai-180812/

Last edited:
A few months ago, Jamie Waddington and Andrew Luisis from "Iridal" did a tune called, "The Pulse" - It was released via Bandcamp, in aid of a charity called, Bridge To Skate Organization
I recently did a remix for it via Chaos Mechanism Records, the proceeds of which, will be going to the same charity.
Please show some support by purchasing it, as well as supporting the group and sharing link.
The charity really is made up of a top crew :Smile3:
x

BEATPORT LINK - http://www.beatport.com/release/the-pulse/1249268
BRIDGE TO SKATE - http://www.bridgetoskate.org/Bridge_To_Skate/Welcome.html

Last edited:
Preview of my 2nd album, up now on SoundCloud.
I hope you guys like. ..please feel free to leave comments and feedback.
Details of the full release, soon :Smile3:

Last edited by a moderator:
Wish I could like your page but don't have Facebook.

I do have an artist account and managed to look at your photos. I noticed you're playing a Djembe in one of them, do you know Jamie from Drumroots in Manchester?

Ted

Wish I could like your page but don't have Facebook.

No probs :Smile3:

I do have an artist account and managed to look at your photos. I noticed you're playing a Djembe in one of them, do you know Jamie from Drumroots in Manchester?

Yes I know Jamie.
I played with him once YEARS ago at an outdoor party haha.
He was in Tanante with another friend James brown (RIP) ...
...I never played with them as a whole, but i've banged a drum with a few of their crew, at various parties along the way :Smile3:
The photo gallery needs updating but I think that picture in there is me sat with a Berber lad in Morocco?

Wicked, I went round to Jamie's house to record some of his drumming for an Animation I am doing sound for about a tribe of rabbits. Unfortunately I used a microphone I'd never used before and wasn't sure how to use it and the recordings came out clipped. So I've had to use royalty free samples in the end/me playing my bongos and egg shakers. But yeah, it has been a real experience learning about African music for this Animation.

That's really cool that you've been to Morocco. Had no idea you played the Djembe or any other African drums to be honest. It all makes sense now!

Wicked, I went round to Jamie's house to record some of his drumming for an Animation I am doing sound for about a tribe of rabbits. Unfortunately I used a microphone I'd never used before and wasn't sure how to use it and the recordings came out clipped. So I've had to use royalty free samples in the end/me playing my bongos and egg shakers. But yeah, it has been a real experience learning about African music for this Animation.

Ah!!!....sorry that didn't work out for you!

That's really cool that you've been to Morocco. Had no idea you played the Djembe or any other African drums to be honest. It all makes sense now!

Aye - I'll play whatever percussion I can get my mitts on haha :Smile3:

...probably inspired by seeing "Stomp" <live> as a teen :Smile3:

Back