Near-field studio monitors

Prophecy99

Forum Member
Reaction score
when you your testing did you mess with any of the settings on the back of the monitors? or kinda keep them at default settings? to give the R80 any credit maybe they didn't have a nice setting or whatever. i recently re-calibrated my monitors from when i first set them up and am amazing how much a little tweaking benefited the overall sound.

Nanook

In the kitchen, studio or gym.
Reaction score
Me -

"Who are Edifier that keep cropping up in searches? ... I thought they were hi-fi?
...anything else current I should be looking at / have missed?"

It's a bit like asking how long is a piece of string
I dont see the connection dude, but thanks for the info on your RP8s.
Glad they're working for you :Smile3:

soulfood

Junior Members
Reaction score
I've had the same HS8's for 5 years and I use them for listening a LOT, but my mixes from them also translate better to other speakers. Compared to other speakers I have used.

I guess the fact that I like the sound of them means anything that comes through them to me is now what music should sound like.
Also it helps that I'm living alone in a flat where I can socially distance them 2m's from the wall which hasn't always been possible.

Nanook

In the kitchen, studio or gym.
Reaction score
the focal alpha range are quite tasty
Cheers :Smile3:

I guess the fact that I like the sound of them means anything that comes through them to me is now what music should sound like.
Also it helps that I'm living alone in a flat where I can socially distance them 2m's from the wall which hasn't always been possible.
Does make a difference, (wall thing), aye.

And yea... 100% agree about speakers you're familiar with making music "what it should sound like"...
This is one of my main problems.