'neo' psy

Glad you asked and not me! I've been wondering the same...........I've seen protoculture described as 'neo psy' and I've seen it on flyers.......(confused) :@) what is it like some poppy, pill-psytrance? psy without psy?

neo full-on was a term used about 3 years ago to describe a new wave of artists making a more progressive type of sound (psypilot/pixel/wrecked machines are good examples). i haven't heard it used for a while though.

so it means it is poncey trance (gonna get it for that arnt i!!)

stabby hands in the air high pitched 'euphorik' maybe ever so slightly psychedelic (hence have seen antiworld advertising neo psy)

trance for the new millenium style

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????

what plonker came up with that name!

some label boss who wanted to differentiate his releases from every one else prolly

would you describe what i play as euphorik? it's just cos i play a lot of pixel/w.m/ type stuff :Smile3:

id describe what you play as psychedelic trance

imo that covers the progressive tunes too, so there really is no need for the term neo

unless it does mean - stabby hands in the air high pitched 'euphorik' - trance for the new millenium style (aka cheese)

in which case i'll steer clear of it!

i agree with you totally, i never understood it, was just explaining the term (as i understand it, someone may well come along and say i'm wrong, it's been known to happne before :P)

Reminds me of a time I saw someone say some psy-trance was maximal as opposed to minimal :irolleyes

Full Lotus said:
Reminds me of a time I saw someone say some psy-trance was maximal as opposed to minimal :irolleyes

:ilol:

:goodthre:

Maximal psy :ilol:

I personally have no clue... maybe it's psytrance with an over-abundance of Matrix quotes?

BeatNik said:
:goodthre:

Maximal psy :ilol:

I personally have no clue... maybe it's psytrance with an over-abundance of Matrix quotes?
:irofl: :irofl: :irofl: nice!

I usually play prog but one night I decided to let it stroll towards a bit of agressive progressive. I finished my prog half with Go Reality and mixed in Ticons See us at the Zoo. I finally finished up playing Metronomes Orange. In a review it was said that I went from my usual progressive set to a “neo full-on” set. I didn’t understand it either. Still clueless...

mr_faster said:
so it means it is poncey trance (gonna get it for that arnt i!!)

stabby hands in the air high pitched 'euphorik' maybe ever so slightly psychedelic (hence have seen antiworld advertising neo psy)

trance for the new millenium style

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????

what plonker came up with that name!

never heard of Nu Wave Full On NRG Acid Psy Tekno Trance then? (sumthin like that)

Edit: btw that woz on a flyer for a party (i think) @ 414 5-6 years ago lol

Edit2: missed off nu wave!

Back