New chillout track

Hey G, that's good tune. It'd go straight into my favourites if you'd allow me to play it :Wink3:

On my speakers, which are a bit crap so not too sure, it sounds a bit unbalanced on the low freqs. Maybe you should push the low end a bit up. Careful with mid-high freqs as they seem to clash a bit sometimes, and the snare would be nicer to have it at a lower pitch, but this is my taste so don't take it as a suggestion. It's too sharp but maybe that's how you want it to be, innit.

Curious to listen to it when it's finished.

You guys are talented, keep it up :Smile3:

Hey Andrea

Cheers dude...yeah man of course anything of mine is fair game for you to play in your sets... i'd be well chuffed mate!

Thanks for the feedback... yeah the bottom end needs to be more prominent... i used double bass samples to make the bassline so finding it hard to get it tight, and nice and fat... . may layer another sound in there as well to back it up...
The snare is too sharp you're right.... i'll have a go at rolling off a bit of the top end and/or lowering the pitch...

What do you think of the kick? I went for one of my usual psy-trance kicks... don't know if it really suits this style....

Anyways I shall post it again when I have done some more work on it

Ta
G

Cheers man, thanks for the feedback...

Yeah the bass is basically the same line throughout the whole song.. could do with some variation you're right

Gonna go get working on those bits and bobs! :ismile:

Ta
G

All the elements are there and the over all sound is good. I like the bass very much when it's on its own but as said it could have a little mover girth and punch to it. You could get this with careful EQ and compression but you might also want to try playing in a synth bass following the same notes and length. A very low sub bass ranging from 75is Hz down to 30is Hz. By its self hardly heard but when played under the bass you already have I think it could make a difference in letting the bass come through as the other elements are added to the tune.

very good track. with the right tweaking its release quality. agree about whats been said really, give the bass a bit more bottom end. love the background percussion that adds the needed complexity to the song. along with the snare i think the closed hat is too promanente as well, maybe just drop the volume a tad and it will sit better in the mix. once i noticed it its all i can hear, but thats probly just me.

good stuff

the kick you are using it's just fine to me
thanx mate, already in my track list once ready :Smile3:

Hi Ga-chan.
I'm just listening this one. It's very good.
I like the guitar line, so beautjful.
But I agree with Andrea about the snare.
It's quite sharp. Did I tell you the day?
Anyway, I'm very looking forward to listening this
when you complete it.

Love'n light
A

Lovely tune. Quite original ideas there. Good luck with it :iwink:

wow thanks for all your feedback guys!

Elu said:
But I agree with Andrea about the snare.
It's quite sharp. Did I tell you the day?
cheers A-chan, yeah you told me in the pub the other day :ilol:

Andrea said:
the kick you are using it's just fine to me
thanx mate, already in my track list once ready :Smile3:
cheers dude! will get you a cd when it's finished

psyfi said:
A very low sub bass ranging from 75is Hz down to 30is Hz
yeah i like the sub idea gonna give that a go

silky said:
along with the snare i think the closed hat is too promanente as well, maybe just drop the volume a tad and it will sit better in the mix. once i noticed it its all i can hear, but thats probly just me.
i was having problems with the hat on the very first mix i did, and thought i had reigned it in sufficiently.. you're right though, listened to it again it could probably do with being a bit lower in the mix

better get busy! :ismile:
G

Nice tune. Great melody (sounds some spanish flamenco...).

Did you play a real guitar? Or...vst...or sample.... ?

I like the bass as well as the kick. I just think the low fequencies are clipping a little ..(from my Ipod phone....not sure really).

What soft/VST did you use? (sorry for asking but I am curious....)

Thanks man

Yeah i played the guitar myself (splashed out on a lovely new flamenco guitar last month :ibiggrin:Smile3:

I used spectrasonics atmosphere and ni absynth... plus various samples loaded into battery.... fx wise mostly just using cubase built in stuff, and tc reverb

Cheers,
G

Back