new cubase problem!!

shahmaran

Reaction score
sorry with me and my stupid SX issues but what does it mean when cubase just simply doesnt do anything when u ask it to do an Audiomixdown of the selected timerange?? doesnt matter wether its mp3 or wav or aiff or 16bit or24bit nothing! as soon as i click OK it goes back to the sequence without doing anything! so i have to keep first recording everything into one track and then dump that track somehow but it takes ages, anyone got any ideas?

Getafix

Bass Freak
Reaction score
What are you trying to do exactly, make a final mixdown or just finalising a midi part to audio?

If its the latter its pretty easy:

File --> Export --> Audio Mixdown..Check import to pool, audio track & hit save..

If you're trying to do a final mixdown it works the same way..Maybe its a bug in your cubase sx version..Are you using "try before buy"?

shahmaran

Reaction score
im just trying to export the entire project to a wav or mp3 file, its a mixture of midi and audio channels, i wanted to send it to somebody and yeah its try before u buy, bit it did used to work, it works sometimes and not other, i jsut cant tell why, i hate it when i have problem with no Error Msg

O

Ott^

I had a quick peep at the "try before buy" version of SX3 and fucked it off for exactly the same problem that you are having.

Try changing to another ASIO audio driver in "device setup/VST Audiobay" and then back again to your usual one.

Worked for me.

I was considering switching to SX3 so I got hold of the "Try Before Buy" version to see if it met my needs, but lost patience with it when it kept randomly swapping ASIO drivers and refusing to export.

Went out and bought Ableton Live 5 in the end and I'm loving it.

shahmaran

Reaction score
is Live 5 much different then previous ones? didnt realize i can use it for same things as cubase

i havent got much money so i want to buy something while i have student discount (wich is not much longer) so been experimenting.....heard the new Sonar is very good too but cant get hold of try before u buy version

Getafix

Bass Freak
Reaction score
I think the Cubase Sx 2.2 version works perfectly, so much that you'll keep on trying it and never end up buying it! :ismile:

If you have a soundcard you could just press play and record your output i know this doesn't solve the problem but at least you'll be able to send the song to that person..

shahmaran

Reaction score
yeah thanx a lot guys, no man its not locator problem they are blue, i just record entire project to 1 track and then choose Export Selected Tracks, does the job but i cant choose format and it takes ages since i have to record first, most of my projects are 15-20 min long : /

will take a look at Live or maybe go back to SX 2 :Wink3: