New Mr faster tune - 106 miles to Chicago

mr_faster

ecomingonecomingonstrong
Reaction score
here we go, my first attempt with logic

106 miles to Chicago - 192kbps

needs a bit more work (eq and tweaking, more interesting percussion!)
but im pleased with the way it has come out

you may need to crank the volume nob
appreciate someone with some decent monitors having a listen, ive only got a crappy aiwa hi-fi & only one speaker!

not bad considering ive only been using logic 3 days!!!

feedback very very much appreciated tell me what you think!

:icool:

hiya jon, just havin' a listen now. its a good tune, you've got some nice sounding percussion and weird fx noises going on, like it :green:

constructive criticsm: :Smile3:

the kick is a bit loud compared to everything else.

the bass is very low frequency, on my monitors its obviously there cos it rumbles a lot but you can't really hear what the bass is doing. fair enough if you're going for evil sounding sub bass and not much else, but if you're not i'd advise either pitching it up or adding another bass synth on top pitched an octave up.

the acid line that comes in after the sample about acid is a bit loud - fits with the volume of the kik but not the bass or rest of percussion on my monitors...

beyond that its all a bit subjective, and its a damn good effort if you've been using the software for 3 days! as you say more variation in the percussion would be good. like the vocal samples btw :Grin:

evilwill said:
the kick is a bit loud compared to everything else.

i think thats to do with the speaker im using, i'll take it down a bit :ismile:

evilwill said:
the bass is very low frequency, on my monitors its obviously there cos it rumbles a lot but you can't really hear what the bass is doing.

im going for a low rumble, gonna test drive it out of 2 x 18 inch mackie subs at the weekend and see how it sounds!! it may well need another slightly higher one on top, at the moment its made from 3 lines anyway, one more wont hurt!

evilwill said:
the acid line that comes in after the sample about acid is a bit loud - fits with the volume of the kik but not the bass or rest of percussion on my monitors...

again, i think thats to do with the shit speaker im using, i'll take it down a bit, will try and test it on another system to check

whole tune needs a general eq, but i'll do that when i can be bothered!

samples are from blues brothers, fear and loathing and blackadder :ismile:

many thanks will, very helpful :ismile:

hey mr f

yeah man sounds good... i like the cheeky acid bassline that comes in around 3:00, and some great samples in there as well :iyes:

it definately seems to be lacking in bass a bit, that i can hear on my monitors at least.... as you say, maybe add another line over the top to fatten it up a bit, cause at the moment the bass doesn't really drive along with the kick...

otherise i think it's sounding good mate. keep 'em coming!

g

Yup - not a bad effort Jon - like they says, the bassline is almost inaudible (on my Mackie HR626). The kick is a bit loud, and there could mebbe do with some sparkling crazyness near the end, just for good measure. Other than that - :wow: for 3 days tinkering that's very promising!

you have some very very very looooowwwww bass freqs,

Most deffinatly put more higher bass frequencies anything between 80-300 will work wonders. Although i do quite like the subby fell to it, but without a sub its a bit lost.

Also this is just personal taste and although i can critic on mixing, musical style is a different kettle of fish but......

use more syncopation on the perc/beats is very very 4/4 theres lots of notes in between the beats which to my ears makes a dance track. its the syncopation which gives the track is swings and the dancablity factor.

Also apply some panning to the perc/hats or heavy chorusing on synths, the track is pretty much in mono.

other than that tis pretty good, just remember the off-beats!!!!!

:Smile3:

fostec pm-2

and yeah the low-mid needs sorting out and the track most deff needs more high end sparkle!

i love this track! needs more variation in the high end defo but it has a great kick and it got me and my sis dancing!

The bass is barely audiable on this track, as has already been previously stated, you need to add another layer or shift it up. I dont like the snare sound used either, it sounds too short. A lot of what I think has already been said by others. Its not a bad track at all, but as its stands, it goes nowhere for me.

Back