RedZebra

Reaction score
wow! sounds really nice.
Also like the reggae breakbeat...

OPTOBOT

OPTOBOT
Reaction score
far better mix than most i,ve heard on here, lol

(start) im more a fan with reverb on a snare, only a few milliseconds, just to sit it in a mix more, but thats a personal taste

very fat synths, is there delay on the bass? sounds a bit too far away, leave the synths for hugeness but the bass for mono-ness.

the track has a really good slow progressive gradual shift in mood, i reckon you could milk the mix for far longer than you have.

try not to keep using the sample 'gotta move your feet' the more its used the less it has a impact.

you have a really nice big sound, exactly what you need for a progressive track, there are a few quite chessy builds which don'yt seem to fit the style.

the kick could use a little more bite in the mix, although i take that back cos when checked on my pm-2 sounds pretty good! i am doinf this at 3:55. not sure my house mates would like me to listen to them constanly!

Well good track, will lok out for some more!

please don't get offended by anthing i have said, will post my tunes up soon for everybody else to listen too!

pete

TEK_Row

~Catalyst Of the Mind~
Reaction score
from what i heard it's pretty good. but i'll be damded if i gotta pay for it!! :-(

TEK_Row

~Catalyst Of the Mind~
Reaction score
from what i heard it's pretty good. but i'll be damded if i gotta pay for it!! :-(

cant you upload it on psy-stream??

absorbentgnome

Rotting Member
Reaction score
TEK_Row said:

cant you upload it on psy-stream??

You do not have to pay to listen to it!
Just click on the 'hi-fi' streaming button. If you want to download it rather than stream it, then register as a free listener.

evilwill

definitely
Reaction score
nice track, production is pretty good and i like the big detunes synths, overall tis a good tune.

constructive critiscm eh? well here goes...

i agree with the others on here that the sample is a little overused - i certainly wouldn't use the whole sample twice in the break in the middle... perhaps use the 1st half then the 2nd half later?

and the break in the middle is surely too long? i'm not into the progressive side of things but if i played a tune out with a break that was nearly 2mins long the dancefloor is going to get fairly bored.. (don't get me wrong, its a good sounding break, just i'd make it half as long...)

production-wise i think there's a little too much low/midrange, quite a few of the synths & bass seem to be fighting for the same bit of the frequency spectrum... perhaps stick some of the synths through a hp filter to get rid of the low end and give the bass more room? (in the first half of the tune, the big bassy pad is right on top of the bass frequency wise which is why it sounds a bit middy imo)

good tune though :green: