new psytrance track, feedback apreciated!

Adam Ephexis

Junior Members
Reaction score
new psytrance track, feedback appreciated!

Hi people!

I have just finished mastering my new psytrance tune, and would love some feedback on it.

It can be found here;

Transparent Logic

Its a 320Kbps mp3, I have been inspired by the music i've heard at Boom festival, and the Glade - I'd love to know your thoughts on both the music, and the production.

Thanks in advance,

All the best,

Adam

The Ephexis Collective

http://www.ephexis.co.uk
adam@ephexis.co.uk

Like the tune - although the style of psytrance aint my cup of tea! I think the production needs a bit more work.. compression, EQ etc. The kick could be punchier and the bass could do with fattening up - tweak the sound a bit then use some EQ maybe. Also, the main offbeat hi-hat could be a bit more powerfull. This style of trance needs tight production and maximum volume!

Good Work m8, A Phat Full On Track....
Too Euphoric in style for my taste... But all the elements are there...
The bass line is a little bit Harsh for my ears, sounds like it was pushed a bit too far to give it the presence it needed.... Good Luck Dude...

Awesome - thanks for the feedback - I think your right about the bass - Its not solid enough, I think I'll either re-make it, or sidechanin compress it with the kick....

As for the hat, I quite like it! i love the classic 909 sound, but maybe i could limit it a little to make it sound more wholesome - I'll give it a go when I have a chance!

Again, thanks for the feedback, I will make changes, and re-post the choon!

All the best,

Ad

Wow.

I really like this style of psy. You just know it is going to work on the dancefloor, and it isn't all 'double take' noises if you know what I mean. Yeah well the perc parts in general could be louder - Crank that knob!

The bass is maybe suffering from too much sustain? I like the attack, but feel that maybe the body of it is wrong??? The attack is great, but I feel that there is to much brightness in the sustain section, which is detracting from the body of the tone... does that make sense? it does to me!

This is nit-picking though. I really like this tune!

Yep that rocks :Smile3:

agree about the bass+kick problems but once you've got that sorted you're done.

oh yeah the mid section where the kick filters gradually away - filter the bassline too

I don't even care about any production issues one this tune I was to busy wanting to get "up and dance". Very danceable tune but after about half way in I would have liked to hear a bit more vareation in the bass line after one of the here it comes breaks. As if to say right you have danced that way now dance this way for a bit. I just wanted to be suprised a bit more when the stomping came back in. Still I'm still feeling like a dance now so what you do have there already is very good.

wow - Im really happy with the response you guy's have given - Both encouraging, and useful!

I'm gonna have a go at re-making the bass line when I get a chance, I tend to use a saw wave, with a simple decay stage filter envelope - Is this a good method?

And I've just got some new filters, I find the Logic EXS filter a little lame, but I'll have a go at replacing it, and see what happens!

I'll hopefully be able to have a play with it early next week, and I'll repost the choon when I can, and if anyone would like a .wav version (i find mp3 a little infuriating) I'll happily send them out..

Thanks again guys,

Adam

Hello again!

Ive just finished re-mixing and mastering the track - I've not changed the arrangement at all, I've just been working on the kick and the bass, trying to get them to sit in the right place, and trying the make the leads and FX a bit clearer.

I also used a completely different technique to master it, I think it sounds a lot better, but please let me know what you think!

It can be found here;

Transparent Logic Mix 2

Thanks!

Adam

Much better.

Not the bass I'd go for, but it sits very well in the mix. The kick is wayyyy better in the mix. Generally much better gelled together. Sounds really up front and pounding now - it's got that cartoony, vivid pro sheen :Smile3: all tall, deep and broad.

i'm listening to this on crap speakers so bear with me. its very fast and upbeat :Smile3: very dancefloor. the percussion and kick has been produced nicely but i would change the bass, sounds too synth-bassy (smooth synth-bass is nice, but this is a little harsh)... i think the first lead line could use some more rhythm, its a bit 16thsy, and could be more psychedelified? i liked the effect at 3:25 of the whole thing kinda slipping away then comin back.
its tracks like this that control the dancefloor nicely, not my personal flavour, for a little bit too 'trancey', but there's obviously a lot of hard work gone into this and i think with a slight bit more developement and psychedelifying labels will be likin it...
and shit i just realised that i hadnt heard the second mix, just the first... but might still be handy.

hey, very nice. reminds me of astral projection, which can only be a good thing. i think the bass and kick sit really well together. wouldn't change a thing about them. hats i still find a bit low. just a bit. i find the hats in most new tunes way too loud though so take that as you will. anyway, just wanted to pop in to say good tune :Smile3:

Awesome!

thanks soo much for the feedback, really, really appreciated!

I think for now, I'm going to leave the choon as it is, maybe come back to it in a month or so.

Im glad that people are enjoying it, I had a great time putting the choon together.

I am about to start on my next psy venture, and will post it up as soon as I have completed a demo version of it.

Thanks again guys!

Adam

PS - if anyone would like to hear a .WAV version of the track, please let me know, and I'll send it over straight away! :peace:

Just had a listen to the second mix... nice one! A massive improvement I reckon.. A really rocking kick now :Smile3: Also I love the pads in the intro. Bass is nice too - I've only listned to it on headphones (procrastinating at work again :Smile3: ) but think maybe you should take a little bit of the initial high frequency click out of each bass note.. all a matter of taste really though so if you like it how it is then don't listen to me!

Looking forward to hearing your next one!

Yes yes yes!!!! People don't make it like this!! What I like about this is the speed. How fast is this? 150bpm?? It's not exactly psytrance.. more like hard psy tek trance if there is such a genre, but this track certainly has the much needed energy that most of the tracks here lack.

Suggest a slightly darker more evil sounding collection of synths.. then you've hit my nail on the head.

Back