New toys...

whitedog

Lunar SeeD
:Grin: Just arrived...

The Samson Resolv 2.1 system consists of Resolv 50a compact monitors with 75 watts of bi-amped power and the new Resolv Sub88, 80 watt powered sub, giving you the ultimate combination of full range monitoring in a compact three-piece system
Resolv 50a monitors, 5.25" midrange driver and a 1" ferro-fluid titanium tweeter
Resolv Sub88, 8" Long Stroke woofer and remote system control
IR remote, controls system volume, subwoofer volume, and subwoofer mute, which sends full-range signal to the satellite 50a's when in sub bypass mode
230 watts total system power.

My neighbours are going to love me! :ilol:
 

evilwill

definitely
so, do they sound good?

how useful is it having a sub for monitoring? it's something i've always thought would be a good idea for writing music thats primarily designed to be played on big systems, yet i've not heard of many people doing it...
 

whitedog

Lunar SeeD
The 50a's sound great.
Nice and flat, and very detailed, even at low volume.

i don't imagine that i'll have the sub turned on most of the time, but when it is, it certainly does reveal all the real low-down stuff that i haven't been able to hear until now, and that i know has been muddying my sound.

First impressions after one evening of use, is that it was money well spent - i can hear absolutely everything, now, without having to turn the volume up.
i think my sound will improve dramatically as a result.

As for sub placement, according to the manual, it should be positioned in the middle, and up close to the wall you are facing....
 

psyfi

Pie Fly
whitedog said:
The 50a's sound great.
Nice and flat, and very detailed, even at low volume.

i don't imagine that i'll have the sub turned on most of the time, but when it is, it certainly does reveal all the real low-down stuff that i haven't been able to hear until now, and that i know has been muddying my sound.

First impressions after one evening of use, is that it was money well spent - i can hear absolutely everything, now, without having to turn the volume up.
i think my sound will improve dramatically as a result.
Yaay a good purchase then. :icool:
 

Electric Mirror

Organic Hybrid & Mr Mirra
evilwill said:
so, do they sound good?

how useful is it having a sub for monitoring? it's something i've always thought would be a good idea for writing music thats primarily designed to be played on big systems, yet i've not heard of many people doing it...

Wasup man! :ibiggrin:

I used to use a sub woofer back in SA and I loved it!!! It gives you an idea of what it would sound like on a rig and also lets you know what those very low freqs are doing, which often are making things muddy and taking up alot of unnessary energy in the mix. I only used it for mixing the bass and sitting back and listening to it to enjoy what Ive made so far...it can make you get into your mix more cause you enjoy listening to it with more bass...well atleast I do! :Wink3:

Just doesnt seem much point now tho cause Im living in Flats and I dont reakon I'll get away with cranking a sub.. the bass just goes straight through walls, very difficult to sound proof for it. Hopefully soon I move into a place where i can crank it tho..:icool:
 

evilwill

definitely
Electric Mirror said:
Wasup man! :ibiggrin:

hiya mate :green:

Electric Mirror said:
I used to use a sub woofer back in SA and I loved it!!! It gives you an idea of what it would sound like on a rig and also lets you know what those very low freqs are doing, which often are making things muddy and taking up alot of unnessary energy in the mix. I only used it for mixing the bass and sitting back and listening to it to enjoy what Ive made so far...it can make you get into your mix more cause you enjoy listening to it with more bass...well atleast I do! :Wink3:

Just doesnt seem much point now tho cause Im living in Flats and I dont reakon I'll get away with cranking a sub.. the bass just goes straight through walls, very difficult to sound proof for it. Hopefully soon I move into a place where i can crank it tho..:icool:

yeah our neighbours are quite understanding.. we don't make too much noise late at night but before that we can get away with being pretty loud!

did you have just a normal sub or was it designed specifically for monitoring? i might think about getting one after the summer...
 

Electric Mirror

Organic Hybrid & Mr Mirra
Naa, was just a normal sub, Active yamaha one...used to sell A/V Equipment so I got it lank cheap.

But ya should get professional sub if ya gonna buy one anyway! response is generally tighter and more accurate. :Wink3:

I can see it now..
BOOOM BOOOM BOOOOM BOOOOM ''huh wazz dat? gowd, evil will's at it again!!'' hahaha
 
Top