New Track - Alien Skunk Funk !!

OPTOBOT

OPTOBOT
Reaction score
coolio, people have just reviewed my stuff so i shall do the same :Smile3:

I have to admit im not a huge fan of the bass sound, a good bass line but the sound is missing somthing...

the hi hats need some serious work, you have a really overbearing half hat, that is way to loud and you could even use a different hi hat that would fit the tune better. It sounds like like a house hi hat thats been put at the wrong speed. Try putting a serious hi pass filter filter on it cos there are some low frequencies that really don't need to be there, also try millisecond reverb to fit it in the mix better, although that is just personal opinion.

However, the the breaks are good, the in between bits between beats are cool and provide cool breaks between the k-bb. Although there is a break which uses a crash cymbal way too much,

you have a really good, full on trance tune but it sounds as if you need to change a couple of the synths, use the same pattern but go for a different feel, deffinatly go for a different half hat!

but hey, i have just got back from the pub and realised this post is pretty bad! ( im drunk) Problem is im not that into fast full on stuff so its hard to actually appreciate the tune reather than the production! Although this does sound way better that other unsigned trance out there.

Feel free to slate my tunes http://homepage.ntlworld.com/carl.humphires/

hope this helps Pete

OPTOBOT

OPTOBOT
Reaction score
p.s as i write this im changing a tune which people have reviewed on this forum, always helps
to keep an open mind

Pete

psyfi

Pie Fly
Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Some nice ideas in there mate. Your tune certainly has allot of attitude. I will have to agree with yellow brick road on the whole. The hats apart from being to harsh are also to dry and thus sound like samples being played on a loop, which doesn’t make for much in the way of groove. Also when you roll your kick drum everything else gets pushed back by it. Basically you are allowing certain elements to dominate to strongly in your thinking. All of this aside though the tune it's self does as I said have allot of good little moments in it now it’s just a case of allowing these to be heard in the best way possible. Don’t forget that anything that sounds just a little bit off through your monitors is going to sound allot more off when played over a rig.

neuromyth

Psyfreak
Reaction score
thx guys...well i just lost all my songs so i can't edit it anymore :Sad: but thx for the help :P...i will use it for my next tracks :Smile3:...i'll listen to ur track soon yellow dude and get back to you :Smile3:

psyfi

Pie Fly
Forum Supporter
Reaction score
neuromyth said:
thx guys...well i just lost all my songs so i can't edit it anymore :Sad: but thx for the help :P...i will use it for my next tracks :Smile3:...i'll listen to ur track soon yellow dude and get back to you :Smile3:
Ouch thats to be gutting mate. I hope you didn't have to much on there. Was it a disk error or an accedentle delete? You could try and down load a data recovery prog. Ask on here if anyone knows of any that could get back the file types you lost.

OPTOBOT

OPTOBOT
Reaction score
fuck dude! Lost your songs?

I think i would go to an early grave if that happened,

.... backing mine up as we speak...

neuromyth

Psyfreak
Reaction score
actually it just disspeard...just my songs folder...weird..i tryed norton recovery program but it don't work..search engine doesnt't find my song on the comp either :Sad:

The funeral will be held november 20th for anyone who wants to come :Grin:

psyfi

Pie Fly
Forum Supporter
Reaction score
neuromyth said:
actually it just disspeard...just my songs folder...weird..i tryed norton recovery program but it don't work..search engine doesnt't find my song on the comp either :Sad:

The funeral will be held november 20th for anyone who wants to come :Grin:
That is wierd. Have you searched for the folder name that you tunes are in?
Oh and have you searched all HHD partitions or other hard drives that it could have been moved to? I must say you seem to be takeing this rather well I would be pulling my hiar teeth and toes out by now.

Sturdy Pete

Sturdy Member
Reaction score
track is sounding very good, maybe lacking in the mixdown but all of the parts are there!
quite like the organ-sounding weirdness.. lots of other intresting synth stuff going on..
liking all the fills & breakdowns a lot..

having had 2 major system crashes in the past 7 years, i've found its best to accept it and move on rather than fret about what you've lost.. often leads to a new, better tune coming along!