New tune, opinions plz!

silky

meh...
Reaction score
hi all

just finished a tune, id say its 98% complete, just tweaking a few bits here and there would like to get some views on it, i know i know it aint gonna win any original bassline awards but it just seemed to work :Smile3:

Silkworm - Illusions

might re-do the intro actually

thanks!
Anthony

Great tune! - Really proffesional sounding production too. The bassline definately works - I like the sound.. you don't need anyhting more complex.

A couple of ideas (which are just my personal taste):

Reckon you could make the vocal samples I little bit louder (not too loud - I do like the 'in the background' effect). Also reckon some of the synth parts could be louder to give a bit more energy - the dubby synth that comes in around 2:12 in particular.

I have only listend to it once so can't really say for sure but thought that the energy level seems to peak quite near the start and then doesn't reach that level again. Could you create a second energy peak in the last part of the tune by adding in another synth part (maybe re-using one from early in the tune) or a more syncopated/funky percussion part?

nice. it's got the vibe - the relentless sort of vibe which is the best kind in my opinion. also, you have some sort of "underground sound" thing going on there which i also enjoy greatly. make more tunes and keep us posted eh :Smile3:

Ichabod said:
Great tune! - Really proffesional sounding production too. The bassline definately works - I like the sound.. you don't need anyhting more complex.

A couple of ideas (which are just my personal taste):

Reckon you could make the vocal samples I little bit louder (not too loud - I do like the 'in the background' effect). Also reckon some of the synth parts could be louder to give a bit more energy - the dubby synth that comes in around 2:12 in particular.

I have only listend to it once so can't really say for sure but thought that the energy level seems to peak quite near the start and then doesn't reach that level again. Could you create a second energy peak in the last part of the tune by adding in another synth part (maybe re-using one from early in the tune) or a more syncopated/funky percussion part?

nice one! glad you both like it! :Smile3:

i completly agree with the (contructive) criticism, i need to mess around with the levels more, it was difficult to get it right because by the time ive mastered then compressed to mp3 it all sounds so different. mp3 really is rubbish unless you use over 300kbps, some of the smaller details have gone, like the reverb tails and stuff.

2nd energy peak, definitly! im on the case :Smile3:)

thanks too dogcow...im glad you noticed the "relentlessness" haha, its that feeling when your in a club and its about 5am and the tunes just keep rolling and you loose track of time,when you forget how long you've been dancing to it. im really trying to capture that in the music

not forgetting the pharmacutical effects too :Smile3:

back to the drawing board....
anthony

Back