nuendo 2

OPTOBOT Dec 5, 2004

1. OPTOBOT

OPTOBOT OPTOBOT

Threads:
    Anyone used nuedo 2?

Im a cubase user, but ive just read that neundo is steinbergs answer to pro tools. Now i don't believe everything i read but i want the audio capabilities of pro tools with the vsts of cubase.

Any answers?

pirate pete

2. Abstraction

Abstraction happy juice

Threads:
    as i understand it (please correct me if im wrong guys) nuendo 2 does support midi and vst gumph but not as extensively as cubase or logic. its mainly for audio and video sequencing and editing.
    i think that if you want pro tools audio and cubase midi then get nuendo but keep cubase for midi sequencing. or fork out several grand for a pro tools studio (and keep cubase).

3. saxopholus

saxopholus Junior Members

Threads:
    I would say it isn't too far away from Cubase if u only want to make music, I believe the it is well stacked for doing music with video. The layout is a little different. And I'm not sure if it has the same audio engine as SX2, but it seems somehow to sound better to me. In fact the main reason I use it is because I prefer its sound to anything else, and because I have got used to that sound I guess too. Could be my imagination tho. :hehe:

As for being like Pro Tools than Cubase I can't truly say having not used Pro Tools, but I would doubt it was more like it, since its setup is not too far away from SX2 really.

Nuendo 3 could be a step up tho, it certainly costs a lot more that N2. N3 has some more functions.

4. saxopholus

Threads:
    Pretty much the same as Cubase i think, certainly no lack of midi and vst, err, gumph :Grin:

5. Abstraction

Abstraction happy juice

Threads:
    hehe. experimental vocab rocks :badger:

6. soliptic

soliptic whirling mathematician

Threads:
    i still use nuendo 1.6

the v2 interface is too abstract. wtf. i was finally happy to find 1.6 because all the icons were so self-explanatory now what are you playing at. </rant> also stability issues with early editions put me off the switch.... must upgrade one of these days tho .

@ sax - i think sx does have a few midi dingdongs that nuendo doesnt bother is, doesnt it? certainly the case for n1 vs sx1/2, i dont know about n2 vs sx2/3

7. soliptic

soliptic whirling mathematician

Threads:
    ps. the audio capabilities are a true joy and delight, but as i understand it, sx inherits all of these bar some super-HD audio support, multi channel support, esoteric sync protocols and stuff that you're very unlikely to need for this ball game.

8. saxopholus

Threads:
    Haha took me a while, but having 8 vst slots is quite important to me for sound designing, whereas Nuendo 1.6 only has 4. Will give u a tutorial some time if u want. [​IMG]

9. OPTOBOT

OPTOBOT OPTOBOT

Threads:
    cheers for the tips, as i understand the stuff i read wasn't really true. I use cubase at home and pro tools at uni, for a second i thought i had found the cross between. bugger

10. jsainsbury

jsainsbury Forum Addict

Threads:
    <3 Nuendo 2

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice