O.V.N.I. - Biog, Discography, Artwork etc.

Xeno

Ektoplazm
Reaction score
Wow, and I was going to say - have I gone back in time?!
Interesting.

I did like that one track on POF... Trajectory was it? Very much bouncy/floaty/good vibes into sunrise...

ChrisCabbage

Forum Member
Reaction score
Well, although Produce Of France (his main label) collapsed, he's not been idle over the last 5 years or so.

He's been quietly producing a sizeable pool of new material.

He's effectively been selling it himself (self burned CDs) at gigs.

It's a real shame that he's not had more exposure because some of his material of late has been stunning.

I'm lucky to be an optional OVNI add-on musician (mainly keyboards) for live gigs. Always have great fun playing with Pascal.

bez23

Adverse camber
Forum Supporter
Reaction score
...and very lucky we were to have him bring the sunshine in on Sunday morning at Shambolica.
He played an astounding set (I've had an email from one friend saying he will never forget that moment!), and not a laptop in sight. All hardware and exceedingly mind-blowing music.
The man is a well of talent.

29ek45k.jpg

ChrisCabbage

Forum Member
Reaction score
Big up da Frenchman!

:ilol:

Love how his tracks creep up on you. They typically start of sounding quite ordinary and 2 dimensional (if you know what I mean?), and then he starts dropping in little riffs and out-of-key (or out-of-tune :Wink3: ) sounds which suddenly open up that extra dimension.

The non-standard keys he uses always makes it interesting to improvise along to. :Wink3:

solar bud

alternative NRG
Reaction score
I remember seeing him years ago in some little hall in the middle of nowhere . . . his stuff was really nice then, will have to check out the new stuff.

It had a nice discordant ethereal eeriness but was really nicely hypnotically melodic too . . . takes a real skill to make that kind of thing work musically, and a feel for how to make musical 'wrongness' sound 'just right'.

I can imagine improvising to it could be challenging . . . !

A very 'fluid' kind of music to immerse yourself in . . . good stuff! :ismile:

solar bud

alternative NRG
Reaction score
Underneath a motorway in a pedestrian tunnel was one of the gig highlights apparently...

:Wink3:

:ilol: Full on!!! Proper off-grid anarchism!!

I think this was in Lancashire or West Yorkshire or somewhere . . . it was quite a nice little gig actually, I was up there lending a backdrop or two I seem to recall. A long time ago now though. Stuart Surfer and Kelvin Zero were up there and a few other Kulu bods I think.

As I remember it, his music was very 'mushroomy' . . . the kind to close your eyes to after a few strong cups of 'shroom tea, and watch the 3-D audio-visual geometry unfold . . . :ismile:

ChrisCabbage

Forum Member
Reaction score
Since it's been a couple of years since the last bump, here's another one!

Some of his very new stuff has come on leaps and bounds technically, so much so the Emax can no longer cope with the samples. Live kit shake-up time soon I think!

There's also been a lots more collaboration between me and the Frenchman recently. We're also experimenting with addition of live drums to the live set. First gig with me on drums at Cabbage on 25th!

Anyone interested in live OVNI gigs, drop us a line!

:Smile3:

Edit: tracks old and new over at: http://www.myspace.com/ovnimusic

ChrisCabbage

Forum Member
Reaction score
Here's a bit of promotional blurb for the new trance/techno live set in case anyone's interested in booking Pasc and me...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OVNI & Purusha

In early 2011, OVNI and Purusha started work on a completely new trance/techno live set. In contrast with many contemporary live electronic acts, this new project is based around a set-up consisting mainly of hardware synths and effects. Performances feature a major element of improvised live performance on various synthesisers.

The first airing of the new material was at the Cabbage Special in March 2011.

Pascal and Chris are now seeking bookings for 2011/2012. Chill-out / downtempo performances also available.

Demo CDs available by email request from: pascaleloy (at) hotmail.com

Pascal has worked on various electronic music projects since the early 90's.
He has releases on various labels, including: Planet Dog, Produce of France, Musique, Rob's Records and Nova Tekk.
He also has many years of live performance experience at various events such as: Hacienda, Return To The Source, The Glade Festival, Dimensions Festival (Paris), Off The Tracks Festival, Mindscapes and many more.
His styles include Trance, Techno, Electrodub and Ambient.

Chris is co-founder/promoter, resident DJ and live performer at Cabbage in Leeds since 1998.
He has performed at various events around the UK and Europe such as: The Glade Festival, Gong Unconvention (Amsterdam Melkweg), DJ support for System 7 & Eat Static on tour and many more.
He also occasionally plays synths with legendary punk/progressive/space-rock band Here & Now.

Pascal and Chris have been collaborating since 1999.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The new trance/techno set is currently around 80 minutes-worth, but we're constantly producing new material and tweaking the existing stuff.

We've also got hours of downtempo/chill material for potentially long live sets...

Edit: FWIW, I activated a facebook 'page' for my own musical activities (with and without Pasc): https://www.facebook.com/pages/Chris-Cabbage/294489545809

B

burp

Nice music, very smooth and trippy
Partikals sounds superb, bass and melodies are dope