Oktava Records Private NYE 3 day Party in Greece-Money Scum?

Lux

Simple Trancer
Reaction score
During Xmas there was a 3 day private party organised by the Oktava Records crew. It would be a 400 people event hosted in a hotel in Peloponisos (south of Greece), the exact location kept secret until the last day of the party.

Being the party private, everyone had to buy a 100 euro (£67) invitation prior to the party in order to get in, which also included the price of the room in the hotel for the 3 whole days of the party. The party included names like Frank E, Emok, Atmos, Serge and many others, mostly Greek djs and acts from the Oktava crew and other Greek labes like ZMA, Starsound etc. Note that the Oktava Records crew is the same crew more or less that organised the Samothraki Dance festivals.

On the last day before the party just as everyone was packed and ready to go, there was a phone call that the party was cancelled. It is said SDOE (the Greek IRS organisation) or the police, went to the hotel and shut down the whole thing, probably because the Oktava Records crew were not doing the whole thing in a legitimate way in terms of the invitations (they had not stated the invitations to the Greek IRS trying to get all the money for themselves and not pay any tax at all to the state basically) or at least something like that. Note that these are not things I say about the event but what people relevant to the event have told me so I don't know if it's actually true.

Of course everyone had already paid the 100 euro for the invitation. Now, 25 days after the whole thing took place no one has yet been paid back his money for the invitations. All we hear is next week and next week.

Mike, the Oktava Records man, obviously responsible for the whole event, surprisingly enough has his mobile phone switched off.

The excuse heard so far about this delay is that Oktava Records had already paid the owner of the hotel the money required from him from the invitations' money and are now waiting for the owner to return them the money so that they can start repaying people.

I don't really know what happened and personally I don't really care. The fact is that people still haven't got their money back after all these days.

I am doing this because I want people to know what is going on in Greece at the moment and what money scums take place all the time. I am tired of this situation having people taking my money and then disappear.

If you do the math its 400*100 = 40000 euros (£26667). We are talking about a large amount of money here. I don't know whether the whole Oktava crew is involved in this and I don't really care. All I want to say is that there is no respect these days to the people that give their money to basically listen the music they like.

This is a very small world we are living in...

pfffffffffffff :no:
DODGY!!
my (greek) boyfriend still hasnt been paid for playing in samothraki in 2002...

i'm also really sorry about the situation in greece for you with police generally (whether or not the police were involved here)

my boyfriend wont even have any drugs on him in greece at a party it just seems too risky... (not so bad for foreigners visiting)

:hihug: :smokingr:

I cannot even begin to tell you the long long long list of dodgy stuff that I have experienced first hand, as well as heard about that crew.

I have completely given up on my effort to get paid for that set of mine 3 years ago and now that I hear this I know that none of them will be turning on their phones for a while...

Maybe this also explains why I got a group email from one of them about a party in America... Made a runner?? Only time will tell...

One month after the whole thing happened and no one has got their money back. That's all I have to say.

Back