on the way for a new pc

nicknick

me n me shadow
Reaction score
problem... i know very little about computers
my specific needs are a motherboard with at least 4 pci slots, and if possible, video card integrated?... integrated video card with dual monitor output, is asking too much?
my present computer is running 2 videocards so that i can use 2 screens... if there are no motherboards with integrated videocard with dual output, what should i choose?
motherboard with integrated video card plus a videocard, or motherboard with no videocard and get one with dual output? what do you think?

what i'm thinking to get is a tower, motherboard, processor and ram(its with this bits that i need more help)... i have already a 400W powersupply, but a bit noisy one, do you think that if i get a good tower that i'll not need to get a new psu?
i think that's all, i have hardrives, dvd, qwerty and mouse and screens... am i forgetting something?
i consider all my computers knowledge very obsolete, i feel i know nothing of motherboards and processors, dual processors, rams, 64 bits...

thanks for your help

spork

token aussie
Reaction score
be wary of integrated video. they can be handy but sometimes they share a bus with other devices (pci bus, the firewire/usb ports) and this can harm performance. from memory this was a complaint with some of the earlier PCIe boards. i think youd be better off getting a motherboard and a seperate video card with dual output. i think with certain maxtrox cards you can plug 2 dvi monitors into the one dvi slot on the card (with the appropriate cables and stuff).

lian li make a nice case that will last a long time over many upgrades. a 400w psu should be fine.