over-unity machine idea, petrol and diesel alternatives

duff beer dragon

Junior Members
Reaction score
Please pass info. on to anyone with resources, funds to build and R&D -

over unity device :

basic principals :

passing magnet over conductive material produces a current

magnets can be made to continually repulse-away from other magnets, see this desktop toy the Levitron, and those Japanese trains that hover magneticly above the tracks

basic idea :

the magnets are affixed to a wheel so that they continually repulse each other so as to keep it spinning - so there is an inner-wheel that does not move, and an outer wheel that free rotates. ( or possibly the other way around )

a winding of the conductive material ( copper wire, gold wire, etc ) is slotted-in around the outer spinning wheel, the magnets should then produce a current in the wire-windings, the usual +ve or -ve terminals being part of the windings

stuff I can't test but would need to be considered :

1. how the windings in place could affect the magnetics

2. best types of magnets!

3. what style of winding? like radiator floor pipes? etc

4. sizes - how big does the wheel and parts need to be to get a strong enough current to make use of?

5. health and safety! - when it's going, is it generating a field that could build-up and cause problems? can this be encased without affecting performance?

fuel alternatives :

anything fluid and combustable is potentially viable as fuel in an internal combustion engine,

it needs to ignite,

it needs to provide gas upon ignition,

the gas is then used - compressed - to drive the motor.

ie - it's just the gas from the burning fuel that drives the motor, so anything that can burn fast enough and produce a gas is a potential fuel (for an internal combustion engine)

so water cars would work - but you have to heat the water so it produces enough steam - since water is not flammable on it's own, it takes more power to heat it to get the steam (gas), and is slower

Yes, that's how electromagnetism was discovered - Faraday passed a magnet over a wire carrying a current and it began to move in circles....and he realised that magnetism and electricity was the same thing...

Ummm - bit of a prob regarding the steam engine (car) - and its called perpetual motion (machines) - they don't, as yet, exist, it seems unlikely in the near future, and entropy indicates not for the vast future. Therefore, you need tto find a dynamo/(clean) fuel source to drive the engine...

And another thing - as far as using magnets to 'repulse one another' - I think that's insufficient as an energy source. What you COULD do is to use electrons (which of course have a negative charge) and guide them with magnets as in a particle accelerator, and use them as an energy source - and when you get them up to high speed you can also smash particles coming from the opposite direction and make NEW particles (which is just something else that's interesting to do).

But of course you need to have an initial power source for the electrons in the first place. HAVING SAID THAT - if you look at the speeds at CERNs accelerator, they get the speed of the electrons up so that the electrons circle the 28 km circuit about 200000 times per SECOND. That is pretty fast.....would be interesting to travel on public monorail at that speed....they too have ENORMOUS magnets at CERN, so powerful that when they first turned them on the TGV train (you know the french very highspeed one) which arrived at its station at Geneva was affected by the magnetism coming from under the mountains generated by these very big magnets - so you need to be a bit careful....any use?

Big problem with using things like the CERN accelerators as part of a free energy device is the amount of power that it uses to get those electrons moving in the first place. For instance the LHC being built at the moment has 1700 different power supplies to feed the magnets in the accelerator. The total current is 1.7 million amperes. :!:

So not much scope for free energy there yet, unless the energy released from the collisions would be enough to actually power the whole thing once you'd jump started it with a nuclear power station. :lol:

I had an amazing hb book with many photographic plates of particle accellerator collisions, for some reason I sold it, because there used to be all kinds of books back then with such pictures and photos in them. Now I can't even find mention of the book I had........they look like the illustrations in The Tao Of Physics, but were coloured.

There have been steam cars built - back when the first motor cars existed, so they do exist. I wasn't really suggesting using the over-untiy device inside a car, I think they would be too big for that.

I'm not keen on smashing anything into anything else, I think that the scares that are sometimes broadcast about comets coming this way, and the info. about Marduk smashing into Tiamat on the Sumerian tablets (as in the Sitchin books) is kinda like the 'fractal level above this level' version of what happens if you smash particles on a smaller scale. Meaning, you invite that game of marbles to be played out in our solar system and galaxy, the next scale above the atomic and sub-atomic that matches similar overall patterns. (tho' you could count the molecular level - but I'd say that is same scale ; quark-atom-molecules sort-of= planets, comets-stars-solar systems)

Well, yes, Grokit, I was thinking that but further along the lines that it is like a 'generator' that could be used to generate FURTHER leccy and then store it up (?) - not quite sure at what point the relationship becomes efficient - of course, one could use a MASSIVE piece of radium or uranium as an electron source (the size of the moon?) and as the alpha particles fell out and knocked neutrons off the nucleus it would also release energy (joke)...but no, nature is fairly weak with her own materials so humans have to make their own - 256 or plutonium).

But, indeed, e=mc2 and they want to do this for spaceships - lots of little atomic collisions of uranium and a release of energy to power them - but how much energy is needed to set up the chain reaction in the first place?

I can't wait for the LHC to come online....

Meijin said:

2007 as long as it's all delivered on time, should make for very interesting times. I'm fascinated by the computing power being planned to process the results, along with huge detectors, they will study what happens when the LHC's beams collide. They will handle as much information as the entire European telecommunications network does today :!: :cool:

Duffbeerdrag - yep, a wee bit scary all this primeval particle stuff - an attempt to generate so much energy and heat that one gets back to the initial conditions of the universe just after (like milliseconds) the big bang - when all the physical forces (strong, weak, nuclear, gravity(?)) were one force - that is SUPERSYMMETRY - pre-phase transition conditions....
AND they need a lot of energy to get the (Higgs) bosun particles moving too (pretty lazy at room temperature - "shift your ass")
But US congress has looked at these issues maybe 10 years ago - when the superdooper collider was being considered in the states (1992 etc) - they were also worried that the scientists might create a whole in the planet or actually create the initial conditions of a big bang (or black hole) - perhaps you could find the proceedings in the library of congress online? See what they decided (because they decided not to build it on grounds of cost - $20 billion too much)

Ok, so you chaps haven't heard that radiation isn't a good thing then? Not on the surface of the planet anyway - inside, some veins and areas, and from the Sun it's ok.
It changes the DNA too quickly, radiation exposure, hence cancers. The Suns cycle is natural and gives the needed DNA alterations at the right pace.

Just to stress, I in no way intended to recommend anything to do with nuclear or radioactive power, or anything to do with particle accelerators. Renewables are the way ahead, was just figuring out a potential generator that could be used to replace the fuels being burned to produce electricty at existing power plants.

Same as with the petrol alt. - just meant as a potential replacement for existing engines that would require no or very little modification to the engines.

grokit23 said:
Meijin said:

2007 as long as it's all delivered on time, should make for very interesting times. I'm fascinated by the computing power being planned to process the results, along with huge detectors, they will study what happens when the LHC's beams collide. They will handle as much information as the entire European telecommunications network does today :!: :cool:

Yes, the computing power necessary to bring CERN online was the upmost state of the art at the time too...similar massive feats...good of you to notice

Duffbeer - I was only jesting at the power of nature - poor Marie Curie and all the other people who played with radium and didna know what it was doing (just falling out of the stuff) - Curie was so polluted with the stuff even her cookery books at home were contaminated (she brought it home on her clothing from the lab) and are still radioactive 60+ years later...)

Of course you are cpmpletely right that radiation is a dreadful thing and totally messes with the genetic structure

but it may be possible to harness the power of electrons from benign sources and use them as in particle accelerators...so not all lost there :Smile3:
Indeed, ceramic capacitors are a (bloody good) example of how some materials are very good conducters at a low temperature - then one could have nuclear-initiated nanoceramic energy cells (what do you mean that's ridiculous?)

what about hydrogen?

tb_hywire-lg.jpg

There already are hydrogen fuel cell cars, one - a Merc - was on Top Gear last series.

As of then, there was a fuel station up in Scandanavia, I forget which country.

" the big bang - when all the physical forces (strong, weak, nuclear, gravity(?)) were one force - that is SUPERSYMMETRY - pre-phase transition conditions..."

maybe Einstein did finish the Unified Field equation......and that's how they knew what such a thing

"they were also worried that the scientists might create a whole in the planet or actually create the initial conditions of a big bang (or black hole)"

could be capable of doing.

I think they've done a lot worse than that and this 'world' is the result. It has parts of the real world in it, but most of it is a broken slave version.

Really that is the same as zero-point ; it's everywhere and harnessable - within inside the atoms, you just need to go in small enough and the energy is there pulsing away - meaning the unified field is what this is all made of.

Know that Tesla quote about annihalation of distance being the way to go.......well I think that some of that tech. was put to wrong use - the time-travel is meant to be about reducing journey times to zilch. A bit like a stargate portal - the time-travel is what makes it possible to have a portal in one place that comes out of a portal someplace else.

So you have the same unified field everywhere, that everything is made up of, and anyplace it can be tapped into, and then you can 'interdimensionally' go from that small'point' to another one - the other portal - elsewhere, cause essentially you are coming out of the exact same unfied field.

So you'd need a portal to be one door to one other door, and be diode like so it's one way only - no mistakes, no splits off to alternate routes. So it's like an opened torus tube, and a 'UFO' with that built onboard keeps the torus tube joined to it's own end - so effectively the door you go into and the door you come out of are the same thing, so the whole thing can transport. They'd disappear when they go 'small' and reappear where they are targeted to arrive to.

Targeting is going to be about time and measure - the clockwork of the stars and celestial bodies is regular enough that Stonehenge still works as a clock for example.

duff beer dragon - yeah, i know :Wink3: the car pictured above is GM's Hywire concept... the only emission it produces is water. i was lucky enough to have a little ride in one when the concept was demoed... really interesting.

LPG also quite good?

Find David Deutsch - many universe theory - when particles share effects, Deutsch suggests that there is a 'multiverse' which only really communicates on the quantum level - Schrodinger's cat is BOTH alive and dead in the multiverse theory - in 1 universe it is alive and another (maybe ours) it is dead.

Communication IS via the quantum level (perhaps thru one of the calabi yau dimensions?), particles REALLY appear to carry the memory of what happens to each other - when at a distance from one another. Deutsch is trying to build a quantum computer to communicate from our universe to others, but the problem is that we may only hear what happens in the future because (and this is the contentious bit) quantum behaviour APPEARS (ha ha) to happen FASTER than the speed of light (i.e., instantaneously) - this infers that relativity is WRONG - people don't like that (and neither did Einstein).

If we communicate with another universe using a quantum computer that could send a message (resonance perhaps) then it would arrive there FASTER than we would notice and the reply would also be faster than the speed of light. So we would hear the future...bit problematic...

He was asking about time travel...I'm saying YES, ok, its possible to travel VERY efficiently at the quantum level, but some of the paradoxes are problematic

Okies, skipped reading a few of them, my bad. :o

We'll only find out how bad the paradoxes actually are when we get around to trying it out properly, that could lead to more debate over the safety of experiments than the americans had with there decision over whether to build their own super collider (bricking themselves they might end the world). :lol:

Uh I wasn't asking about anything, I was telling.

I don't believe in that model of the Universe - there being one and an alternate other one - there's as many as there needs to be, there's an infinte amount of universes - you don't need to time travel ever, you just stay in the present and all is accessible from the present - the 'zero-point' energy is everywhere, all atoms and quarks if you like are made 'out' of it.

It's all those forces 'wadded up' - a basic H atom is formed same as what sacred geometry starts out like - point - line - sweeps around and encloses upon itself. Basic single unit of this universe. That happens when the forces are sort of separated from each other - so, eg, you get a central nucleus and it's 'tail' - the electron that orbits it. It is now polarised.

So for example, you wouldn't go back or forward to change something, you would just move instantly into the right version of the Universe you are meant to be in.

As to future effects - you only get those if your mind is attuned to pick up on a future. There's German word for surfing the future times, I forget what it is but it's mentioned in the Illuminatus! trilogy books, it's an occult technique like the nazis were using - to look at outcomes of varying present-time situations and scenarios.

A 3d only example would be that if you need a parking space you can get one to appear anywhere you need it - it's not going to interfere with anyone else, you'll just be parked in the same place but in a different alternate universe, no mixing up or overlaps, it's just what it needs to be - infinte, so whatever works works.

Those time-related projects have already happened, some of them sent folks back - that's where some of that weird past stuff comes from, and why there's confusions as to human origins.

Not sure why Relativity and speed of light travel being fastest means that it's not possible to go back.......of course it's possible, so is breaking your back in 8 places and being comatosed for ever but you don't want to do that either. People for some reason get confused about things being possible and things that you'd actually want to or need to do. Anythings possible, but that don't mean you ought to do it. Why would the speed of photons from the Sun and stars determine anything to do with travel times? Logicly wouldn't it be that - if you move faster than the speed of light then you will either not see anything, or, the light will be distorted. I don't think that atoms for example are made up of photons only. So why should the speed of photons determine anything about masses travelling thru time, in any direction?

Back