Overland to India/ the East.

gart Jan 23, 2004

1. gart

gart Member

Threads:
    I'm planning to go overland about autum time, thru turkey, Iran , Pak. and into India, possibly up thu Nepal an china as well.

Has anybody ever done the trip, has any advice blah blah blah...

Somebody on here must have...

2. kodomo

kodomo Junior Members

Threads:
    I had to stop because of the war last year but my friend continued. He started from Turkey, passed to Iran and then to Pakistan and to India. He used the lonely planet Istanbul to Kathmandu book and told me it was useful. He met a lot of ghreat guys and learned some nice places. He can help you a lot about the overland route. He knew some nice places in Pakistan and he met actual sufis and joined their celebrations. I can pm you his email and info and you can ask him directly, just tell me if u want it. He is turkish and lives in turkey now, so he may even help you out in Turkey :Smile3:

3. gart

gart Member

Threads:
    Thanks Kodomo, will u pm me his email?

Where In turkey are you from, I spent two months there a few years ago. That's why I'd like to start from there, as its familiar anyway. No trance though, tss

4. fullom

fullom Junior Members

Threads:
    I did this trip in 93 (Turkey, Iran, Paki,India) and the kahrokorum highway (China, Pak) 3 years ago. Any queries I can answer PM me.

Bom!

5. jsainsbury

jsainsbury Forum Addict

Threads:
    i'm thinking of flying to russian then over landingit to india, rissia looks dope, and stuff

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice